Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really don’t understand
gigabyte has the raedon vii

but i want the AORUS version

my previous system was gigabyte board and gigabyte video card but my current build is AORUS

when i was going to pick the parts for my latest build
i checked with all manufacturers because if i had to switch i was going to switch, but i didn’t find anything i like but i like AORUS that’s why i settled for that one

i don’t even buy nvidia founders edition that is actually cheaper because i want my build to look nice meaning matching brand plus design

i like both, looks and functionality
this situation is a caos, i’m not going to buy whatever they selling, i will only buy what i want and i only buy what i like

this situation keeps getting worse and worse, is like you can’t have what you want and you have to settle for something else, at least nvidia have variety when it comes to designs, so if AMD thinks that i’m going to buy one of those cards with that ugly design they sadly mistaken, also i don’t want an older card for that i just stay with my 740 and save myself the money and the trouble

what a nightmare, every time you look for a solution Freddy comes out

i just wait for 10.15

Apple can do whatever that heck they want with their hardware, including blocking out Nvidia. It's fully in their own rights.

I'm not entirely sure why have a new "developer API for writing macOS device drivers" suddenly meaning Nvidia is unblocked from having a Mojave (and 10.15 and beyond) driver. In fact, it's completely possible that it will become even more restrictive that you have to have even more Apple's blessing for making device drivers.

It's laughable to think it's the API that's blocking Nvidia currently. People are too naive.

TBH I'm not sure if idownloadblog know what the hell they're talking about.

Last edited:
i really don’t understand
gigabyte has the raedon vii

but i want the AORUS version

my previous system was gigabyte board and gigabyte video card but my current build is AORUS

You can thank Nvidia for Gigabyte AMD cards no longer available in the Aorus flavor. The RX 580 is the last to carry that moniker. Nvidia pressured MSI, Gigabyte, and Asus into dropping naming schemes that had both Nvidia and AMD cards. There is no Aorus RX 590, Vega 56 or 64 so it is highly unlikely that a Radeon Vii will ever be named or colored like the Aorus. All these vendors had to switch styles and naming or lose Nvidia prefered partner program status. This was big news a year ago on the tech blogs. Nvidia was seen as the bully, and quickly denied the reports, yet there are no Aorus models since then for AMD.

Luckily for you, Nvidia doesn’t make CPUs or Intel may not be able to offer Aorus Motherboards either.

Last edited:
You can thank Nvidia for Gigabyte AMD cards no longer available in the Aorus flavor. The RX 580 is the last to carry that moniker. Nvidia pressured MSI, Gigabyte, and Asus into dropping naming schemes that had both Nvidia and AMD cards. There is no Aorus RX 590, Vega 56 or 64 so it is highly unlikely that a Radeon Vii will ever be named or colored like the Aorus. All these vendors had to switch styles and naming or lose Nvidia prefered partner program status. This was big news a year ago on the tech blogs. Nvidia was seen as the bully, and quickly denied the reports, yet there are no Aorus models since then for AMD.

Luckily for you, Nvidia doesn’t make CPUs or Intel may not be able to offer Aorus Motherboards either.

thanks gigamax that was very useful information, now I know why there is no Aorus Raedon vii
is even worse than I thought or I ever imagined
now I know that I was going to wait for nothing

this thing going on with Nvidia is a complete disaster
I used to like the brand, yes they might a bit better than AMD
meaning a little faster in some areas but they are also more expensive
and they way I see it now, really not worth it

I will have to check if there is any way to use a 3rd party cooler
to see if I can change the way the card looks with something that matches my system a bit better

this whole thing is just infuriating, roadblocks every where
but I will never give up, I will find a way to get it done, some way, some how

thanks for extending your hand and helping me out
I really appreciate the gesture

regards

I feel so old and out of touch... I have an ugly Vega 56... Disgusting brown fans all over the place... No disco lights... No fancy water loops... Heck, I don't even have a window on my case.

I guess the one saving grace is that Mojave runs really well...
Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 4.17.33 PM 2.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-28 at 2.25.17 AM.png

Last edited:
this thing going on with Nvidia is a complete disaster

You know, I just got official diagnosis this week that my daughter is autistic, and I didn’t ramble as much about it as you did about Nvidia.

I am sorry if that came off as harsh, it’s not my intention, but a “complete disaster” for me means the Earth getting hit by an asteroid and all of us getting wiped out in an instant.

When I realized that my brand new 1050ti was utterly useless in Mojave, it took me literally 5 seconds to decide to get an RX580 (and most certainly did not have the money to spend on an expensive machine like yours nor worry about how it looks).

There are worse things in life to worry about, is all I’m sayin’. Peace.

I feel so old and out of touch... I have an ugly Vega 56... Disgusting brown fans all over the place... No disco lights... No fancy water loops... Heck, I don't even have a window on my case.

View attachment 402347View attachment 402350
feel bad for you
:lol:

same old pastrychef, you never change lol
don't feel old or out of touch, you are cool as hell

you have better single core-score than me but I have more multi-core score than you

please don't ask me about my GPU score
:D

now seriously, I don't even use windows that much or even like windows
but I want a system that is able to multi boot and have good speed or support for both system
Mac OS and Windows, while it doesn't really matter that much what AMD GPU you put on Mac OS
because any modern AMD GPU will be good for rendering on MAC OS

the problem is that I also use windows for gaming
I'm not a gaming freak but I like to play some games every once in a while

I also used to game on Mac OS but there aren't many games on MAC OS
so I had to play using emulators just to have some fun and avoid using windows

but I do get your point
congratulations :thumbup::clap:

but is always like that, some one has what you missing and you have what the other one is missing
I just want the best from both worlds
looks and functionality

but I give you props for being original at least is good to know that you have a good sense of humor
man I love Tony Mac forums and hate that old place :crazy:

remember :banghead:

the vega 64 is the fastest AMD card with the design that I want
but I really will like to buy the Raedon vii because is the closest to RTX 2080
but you already know what I'm going to say right
yes you got that right, the design lol

just in case I knew you were being sarcastic the whole time

peace

:headbang:

Last edited:
You know, I just got official diagnosis this week that my daughter is autistic, and I didn’t ramble as much about it as you did about Nvidia.

I am sorry if that came off as harsh, it’s not my intention, but a “complete disaster” for me means the Earth getting hit by an asteroid and all of us getting wiped out in an instant.

When I realized that my brand new 1050ti was utterly useless in Mojave, it took me literally 5 seconds to decide to get an RX580 (and most certainly did not have the money to spend on an expensive machine like yours nor worry about how it looks).

There are worse things in life to worry about, is all I’m sayin’. Peace.
no problem I don't feel bad or anything, I like honesty
not everybody express their feelings or frustration the same way
or use the same words to describe things

I have taken care of all my personal duties, just because I will like to solve this some way some how
it doesn't mean that I abandon everything else in my life

the problem is not the money , the problem is buying something that i don't like or that i'm not completely satisfied

I always been like this my entire life, when is time to buy clothes , when is time to buy furniture for the house etc
but there are other people that are the opposite to me
they just buy anything any color any brand and mix it all up

but I can't do that, for some reason it has to match
maybe is a physiological problem, I'm just too picky

a RX 580 is not that powerful at least for my needs

I don't settle for the first thing that passes in front of me

I think the Raedon vii is the closets thing to a RTX 2080
I will settle with a Vega 64 most likely because that one at least have the nice design that I like

if anyone come out with a black raedon vii then I will take that one without any hesitation

no one that has an i9 wants a pentium 1 lol

anyway is not my intention to bother people with this
but some people might find the topic interesting because they will know what others have do
in order to fix this problem

you changing your 1050ti for a rx 580 is no big deal because you probably even upgraded without even knowing it because that RX 580 might be faster than the 1050 ti

so what you did was a good move and you came out winning

but my problem is that I don't want to downgrade at least not that much, I don't mind loosing a few FPS on windows
if I'm getting more rendering power on Mac os

sorry for the ramble, lol

peace

Last edited:

View attachment 402347View attachment 402350
Please, show OpenCL benchmark with Vega 56.

Also, could you test this RyzenGraphic_27.blend file with Blender 2.79.7 (latest here https://builder.blender.org/download/)?
Don't change any settings just render with Vega. Thank you.

Attachments

• RyzenGraphic_27.blend.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 177
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back