Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok it might not be a light at the end of the tunnel just yet, maybe it will take some more time like pascal that took almost a year, just to be clear it hasn't been a year yet, Mojave was release on September 24 2018 and today is April 12 for simplicity let's just pretend that today is April 24 so if I count correctly it been 7 months not a year like you mentioned, I do agreed that it feels like an eternity

Mojave beta was released to private developers long before Apple went public with Mojave beta release in June 2018 so it's been more than a year and no driver yet. The question is how much longer do you want to wait... 6, 12 or 24 months for Nvidia driver to be released.

Nvidia web driver was far from perfect, not really optimized for performance wise and have to wait for Nvidia web driver update after macOS minor/major upgrades. It showed that Nvidia have little or no interests in developing good driver for macOS. So, those who are still hoping are wasting their time or better stay with High Sierra until it's EOL.

Last edited:
Mojave beta was released to private developers long before Apple went public with Mojave beta release in June 2018 so it's been more than a year and no driver yet. The question is how much longer do you want to wait... 6, 12 or 24 months for Nvidia driver to be released.

Nvidia web driver was far from perfect, not really optimized for performance wise and have to wait for Nvidia web driver update after macOS minor/major upgrades. It showed that Nvidia have little or no interests in developing good driver for macOS. So, those who are still hoping are wasting their time or better stay with High Sierra until it's EOL.
agreed, Nvidia web drivers was always consider beta, also if you count the beta process then it been longer than 7 months. Nvidia never follow or released web drivers during the apple beta process, that is one of the main reasons why this situation is happening, if they would it follow up maybe things will be a bit different now

but like the saying, it is what it is, lol

what we used to do most of the time during the beta process was patch the Nvidia installer and the web driver file to match the os build version to then load the web drivers, some times it used to work but other times it didn't work, it was always a temporary fix until the official drivers were out. also we can't put all the blame on Nvidia either, to be fair, I will say they are both guilty in a way, I understand the bad blood between apple and Nvidia but they should put their difference aside just for once and take care of their costumer, but none of them care about their costumers, is up to Nvidia to come up with working web drivers because apple is not going to help, at least not for free. apple took care of their Macs that has Nvidia chips

we should have a right to choose but apple only wants to support AMD, why AMD cards work exceptionally well on Mac OS? because apple is the one that makes and optimized the drivers, Nvidia doesn't tell apple about their hardware and apple doesn't tell Nvidia about the software, while they are pulling the rope from each side, we are suffering the consequences, is not that AMD is bad or anything but people should have a right to choose, well is up to Nvidia to come up with web drivers on their own because apple is not going to help, simply because they don't have to, they don't sell any Mac with Pascal or Turing. no one has to wait if they don't want to

the person simply will have to spend money on a new AMD card even if they already have a Nvidia card, no one wants to stay behind unless they really want to, is up to the user to figure out what is the best solution, if the person doesn't want to spend any money then they can stay on HS and use their Nvidia card, each person is a different case, I bought a Nvidia 740 and I use that one in Mojave while I wait

spoiler alert, it might not be that long

but as much as I like my Nvidia card , I might be force to switch to AMD because I honestly don't like windows
so yes the situation is a big mess

Last edited:
RX 560 between GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti.
RX 570 maybe a tad above GTX 1060.
RX 580 between GTX 1060 and GTX 1070.
RX 590 maybe a tad above GTX 1070.
Vega 56 between GTX 1070 Ti and GTX 1080.
Vega 64 around GTX 1080.
correct me if I'm wrong Pastrychef but will you agree with this
Radeon VII around RTX 2080

correct me if I'm wrong Pastrychef but will you agree with this
Radeon VII around RTX 2080

Yes. From everything I've read, Radeon VII performs around RTX 2080 level for Windows gaming.

Lastest response from Apple:
z34AYpv.png

Source: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/...for-macos-mojave-10-14-/post/5329957/#5329957 and https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/...for-macos-mojave-10-14-/post/5330336/#5330336

right back at it again, lol , sure it might be true but for some reason I just don't believe what apple is saying,
Nvidia say one thing, apple say another thing, they never take responsibility and they always blame the other company

I think this is straight up hypocrisy from apple, how bout the 15,000 signed petition isn't that good enough feedback for you apple? does everyone needs to write to apple?

"Nvidia hasn't provided the compatibility drivers for our software"
G wonder why, sorry but I think Victoria doesn't know what she is talking about
many probably will say the same thing about me
but why don't the big executives from apple talk about this problem
also Nvidia why none of Nvidia big executives talk about it either
I guess both CEO has better things to worry about, like how to make more money
instead of supporting their clients
yes apple doesn't sell any Mac with pascal or turing but there are many Mac owners that prefer Nvidia cards
but apple want them to use AMD, trust me, apple can easily make those Nvidia cards works on Mac os
but these 2 don't like each other, they don't want to work together and they both only care about money
what else I'm missing, oh yes it been months since Mojave came out

I just gave up on Mojave, looking forward for 10.15 or for a Raedon vii with nice design
yes functionality is good but it is too much to ask for functionality and also looks
I don't want a horrible looking card
just hope AORUS makes a nice looking raedon vii so I can put an end to my misery
the 580 are good but they are not fast enough for me

is the hot potato game all over again

Last edited:
Apple = Red, not Green. Green Apples are sour and need too much sugar!
translation please. let me guess
Mac OS works better with AMD , Nvidia web drivers is too much trouble
please gigamax tell if I understood correctly
:mrgreen:

unfortunately as much as I will hate to admit it, you might be right
:lol:

Yes, you have it right. Apple has used exclusively AMD for the last 3-4 software versions and Nvidia just doesn’t want to keep up with support. Maybe Nvidia sees no chance of winning any more contracts with Apple and has decided to phase out support for any new software versions. 15,000 users does not justify spending millions on updating web drivers every year, not to mention every month as the .1, .2, .3 versions are released. Since AMD aleady has supply contracts it’s easier for them to update accordingly. They are getting paid to do so whereas Nvidia has to pay out of pocket for each update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back