Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks m8, I'll try it!

thanks m8, I'll try it!

I don't think it will work, the key being what Barsik says here:

This solution should work for all NVidia graphics cards that were ever supported by system drivers in older versions of mac OS earlier than Mojave (in my case - before Sierra)

Your 980ti was never officially supported by any version of macOS, so which system kext are you going to use?

I don't think it will work, the key being what Barsik says here:

Your 980ti was never officially supported by any version of macOS, so which system kext are you going to use?

I also did not read in any source that my video card 9800 is officially supported by the system.
But, nevertheless, the video card was determined by the system drivers.
In this case, need past experience.
If there is no past experience, it can be resumed within one day, having tried all systems with the keys nv_disable = 0, Inject NVidia = yes without installing the WEBdriver от NVidia.
NVidia used to be traditionally well supported earlier in mac OS.
Therefore, there is a big chance to launch old video cards using the driver rollback to the previous version. Need to try different options. I did it quite easily in Mojave, despite the fact that my video card is almost 10 years old.

If this option does not work, then some other option will work. It is necessary to try ...

For example, with the old Chameleon loader on my old PC, Mojave booted as native with the same settings as 10.6.0. And the video card was defined.
But Clover did not fundamentally help determine the graphics card until I replaced in the system kext.
In English, unlike Russian, words are not enough to express a thought. Perhaps the closest word is "Grok" from science fiction writer Robert Heinlein. If you grokking the problem, the solution can be very simple ...
And I, as a real communist, advocate complete freedom of action, but within the framework of conscience and justice. ;)

Last edited:
The 9800 was a popular card, and was used from 10.6.8 in many builds. It was found to work early 2009 with some tinkering. It later worked with just graphics injection and was last featured in the Buyers guide for late 2011.
http://netkas.org/?p=83
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1915789
https://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/11/building-sandy-bridge-customac-buyers.html

By the time El Capitan became available there started to be issues with the then native Apple drivers for a few early nvidia cards - I think that the 9800 and the GT 610 stopped working at the same time. The GT 610 (a re-badge of the GT 520) which was often a popular budget card used for simple display driver duty stopped working.

Apple have been tinkering with drivers for some time, would be interesting to see if my old GT 520 starts working due to Apple fixing the old drivers.

Maxwell card like the GTX 980/980Ti have never had driver support from Apple - we had to use the additional nvidia drivers to get those working.

By the time El Capitan became available there started to be issues with the then native Apple drivers for a few early nvidia cards - I think that the 9800 and the GT 610 stopped working at the same time. The GT 610 (a re-badge of the GT 520) which was often a popular budget card used for simple display driver duty stopped working.

Apple have been tinkering with drivers for some time, would be interesting to see if my old GT 520 starts working due to Apple fixing the old drivers.

Maxwell card like the GTX 980/980Ti have never had driver support from Apple - we had to use the additional nvidia drivers to get those working.

Its doubtful Apple will fix the old drivers for vintage products after 5 to 7 years when its production ended. They don't have the resources to test all legacy or vintage products with newer macOS.

Hi! Just saw your post @Barsik

Which files would you recommend for the 1070 to work on Mojave? It´s my first time using Hackintosh so I am a bit lost in terms of older supported versions and such.

Thanks for your help!

Hi! Just saw your post @Barsik

Which files would you recommend for the 1070 to work on Mojave? It´s my first time using Hackintosh so I am a bit lost in terms of older supported versions and such.

Thanks for your help!
Wait for the drivers from the company NVidia. And if the miracle does not happen, you will have to either stay on the current version of the system, or change the video card. :(
Apple has published a list of third-party graphics cards, that will be natively supported in Mojave: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208898#cards

Last edited:
Its doubtful Apple will fix the old drivers for vintage products after 5 to 7 years when its production ended. They don't have the resources to test all legacy or vintage products with newer macOS.

They have made several changes to both nvidia and AMD drivers over a number of updates. The latest graphics update that Apple mentioned was Mojave 10.14.1 as noted in the Update page:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-14-1-update.263758/

So that's what i got what barsik suggested:

Pic01.png
Pic02.png

but unfortunately no CUDA Driver found:(

Pic03.png

Last edited:
@MAC_OS Try again to experiment with those versions that are underlined in red in the screenshots (v.v. 6.5.32, 6.5.46, 7.0.36)

6f5b15752544.png

Also, before restarting the computer, first try to open the CUDA icon in the system settings and see how it was installed. You can then try the built-in update. Need to experiment. An example is to lower the iron version in SMBIOS to a model without Retina, etc. Do you have a Retina 5K 27-inch display installed? It is better to designate the configuration that is closest to the real one.
For example, after changing iMac on Mac Pro, all USB ports started working for me. So it can also influence. And preferably before you install another version of the driver, first remove the old one.
But the fact that the graphics card started up on the system drivers is good!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back