Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Barsik

I tried right now those drivers and also some other but no Cuda-drivers on StartupItems folder was found:( so, any other idea i'm ready to experiments!

@Barsik

I tried right now those drivers and also some other but no Cuda-drivers on StartupItems folder was found:( so, any other idea i'm ready to experiments!
I have already managed to change the message. Try to edit SMBIOS to, for example, MacPro-3 or 5

Last edited:
do you mean MacPro3,1

ага, old version iron

could you upload your config.plist?

could you upload your config.plist?
For you, my config.plist will not change anything. We have a completely different hardware and I have a patched BIOS mac edition. The patched BIOS informs the system directly about the configuration of the iron about the same thing that Clover would tell in config.plist. Therefore, I do not even use dsdt. In the config, there are only boot arguments and smbios, which is generated in the Clover Configurator, and nothing else is there. Drivers on the network card and sound, I put in the system. In the Others folder only FakeSMC. After I calculate that the system is ready for work, I will enter in the config a unique serial number and other data for the operation of the apple services.

Last edited:
oh.. i see your setup just like mine, so I thought it might be something that I don't have

oh.. i see your setup just like mine, so I thought it might be something that I don't have
Well, did your video card work? And the performance of the old CUDA-driver in the new Mojave system - is it possible just luck?
I do not know what to do in your case. Probably, I would try to install an older system first, run CUDA, and then roll Mojave over the old system.
But the conclusion suggests itself that NVidia and macOS will be less and less compatible in the future. Sell NVidia and buy a Radeon 560-580 - this is probably the most successful solution for the coming years.
Even my real Mac Pro requires replacing a good video card. This is disgusting on the part of Apple. And at the same time, the antediluvian nVidia 9800 GT runs on a hack. I see only artificial limitations in this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back