Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thanks to Hackintosh, and may others who did it, instead of buying a real Mac, you directly lowered Apple’s Mac revenue by not buying one. It's not really that hard of a concept.

Actually, you're wrong. Hardwares are never really profitable at all and its usually razor thin margins. Apple get most of the profits from licenses, App Stores and iTunes. Why do you think Apple give away free macOS upgrades while M$ sells Windows for $100+? If hackintosh was real threat to Apple, they would have made macOS unworkable on non-Apple products long time ago and they could shutdown many hackintosh forums. They're learning from hackintosh communities to find out which products, motherboards, video cards, etc. works best with macOS so they build their products based on our experiences with different hardwares. That's why Apple's hardwares are made better. So in a sense Hackintosh communities are contributors to make Apple products better.

Actually, you're wrong. Hardwares are never really profitable at all and its usually razor thin margins. Apple get most of the profits from licenses, App Stores and iTunes.

Your second statement is true. Your first statement isn't. Mac hardware profit margin isn't razor thin at all, it's very well documented.

Why do you think Apple give away free macOS upgrades while M$ sells Windows for $100+?

Maybe because you technically already paid for it when you bought the hardware?

If hackintosh was real threat to Apple, they would have made macOS unworkable on non-Apple products long time ago and they could shutdown many hackintosh forums.

Like I said earlier, it's such a niche thing, and thus not a real threat. They already made it not something your casual system builders can build, like geeks-only kind of thing. They're already T2-ing lots of things now and there might be obstacles this point forward.

They're learning from hackintosh communities to find out which products, motherboards, video cards, etc. works best with macOS so they build their products based on our experiences with different hardwares. That's why Apple's hardwares are made better. So in a sense Hackintosh communities are contributors to make Apple products better.

Huh? Apple build their custom-made stuff by looking at what off-the-shelf stuff we use? That's certainly some new revelations. Last time I checked they build their own motherboards and got early chips from Intel that we don't even have, and certainly not cared how their 10.13 USB changes broke tons of Hackintoshs. Citation needed.

Last edited:
If hackintosh was real threat to Apple, they would have made macOS unworkable on non-Apple products long time ago and they could shutdown many hackintosh forums. They're learning from hackintosh communities to find out which products, motherboards, video cards, etc. works best with macOS so they build their products based on our experiences with different hardwares. That's why Apple's hardwares are made better. So in a sense Hackintosh communities are contributors to make Apple products better.

I agree with you. If I'm correct, then netkas even noticed, that Apple had listed in one of its's OS release some hakcintosh kexts :D Even Apple's developers use Hacks :D

There was few companies who's tried to sell Apple Mac OS preinstalled comps, Apple sued them and shut down. But thats all, Apple doesn't fight against hackintosh community. If hackintoshers were decreasing Apple's revenue, he for sure closed down all Hackintosh related forums.

Even on some comp parts stores, if I ask, that does this work on Mac, they ask, do I buy it for Hack or for real Mac :D

Huh? Apple build their custom-made stuff by looking at what off-the-shelf stuff we use? That's certainly some new revelations. Last time I checked they build their own motherboards and got early chips from Intel that we don't even have. Citation needed.

Actually it's true, that Apple uses Hacks :D In official Mac OS release hackintosh kexts were listed.

http://netkas.org/?p=1315

Enabled the 9800 GT graphics card in Mojave, using the Clover bootloader.
For this, I replaced the NVDAStartup.kext file in S / L / E with an earlier version of the cat family.
nv_disable = 0, Inject NVidia = yes, NvidiaWeb = 0.
The video card was defined correctly.
I installed the old version of CUDA Driver v.5.5.25, the driver turned on and started working! Significantly increased the number of parrots in the benchmark test.

I am pleased. It remains only to overcome the dark gray graphics anomalies in the light theme of the design, and there will be a fully working system.

Enabled the 9800 GT graphics card in Mojave, using the Clover bootloader.
For this, I replaced the NVDAStartup.kext file in S / L / E with an earlier version of the cat family.
nv_disable = 0, Inject NVidia = yes, NvidiaWeb = 0.
I installed the old version of CUDA Driver v.5.5.25, the driver turned on and started working! Significantly increased the

@Barsik, it's great I wanna also try it with my 980tl card, could you . upload this early version of NVDAStartup.kext and old version of CUDA Driver v.5.5.25
thanks

@Barsik, it's great I wanna also try it with my 980tl card, could you . upload this early version of NVDAStartup.kext and old version of CUDA Driver v.5.5.25
thanks

This solution should work for all NVidia graphics cards that were ever supported by system drivers in older versions of mac OS earlier than Mojave (in my case - before Sierra)

In System / Library / Extensios, replace this kext: NVDAStartup.kext.zip (in this case, it is the El Capitan kext, but you can use it from the system in which your video card was previously defined).
Be sure not to forget in Kext Utility repair permissions.
In Config.plist we set the values nv_disable=0, Inject NVidia=yes, NvidiaWeb=0.

If the graphic card supports CUDA, then additionally we install CUDA-driver from the driver archive NVidia site. This will speed up the work of graphics in the system.
Newer versions of CUDA drivers may not support older graphics cards. In my case, earned CUDA Driver v.5.5.25 (supports all NVIDA products available on Mac HW on the date 2013.09.20). For your video card, you need to read in the driver description the tab "SUPPORTED PRODUCTS"
Do not update it in the system settings, if your driver version shows update!

After rebooting with the specified values, the video card should be determined by the system, and if the CUDA driver is installed, it should appear in the system report here:

f384bf9466f7.png

Last edited:
@Barsik
you just quoted me but didn't answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back