Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did just that, but it won't work. It boots with the apple logo, loads half the way, then the monitor is going into sleep mode, and that would be all.

Please post your EFI folder and list what you have in /Library/Extensions/. Do you have IGPU enabled in BIOS?

I'm thinking of swapping my nvidia GTX1050 for an AMD unit as well. I recently saw a RX570 for a great price... but I might look into a RX580 as well.
All this waiting makes me wanna do what Linus Torvalds did a while talking about Nvidia.. LOL

Screenshot 2018-10-23 at 18.05.47.png
@pastrychef

It worked in the end but only when I switched the DP cable with a HDMI one. Now it's working as it should, I believe. Mac OS Mojave is showing in the native monitor resolution (2k) and all seem to be working, sleep included. It just won't work with DP cable.

View attachment 359845 @pastrychef

It worked in the end but only when I switched the DP cable with a HDMI one. Now it's working as it should, I believe. Mac OS Mojave is showing in the native monitor resolution (2k) and all seem to be working, sleep included. It just won't work with DP cable.

Try installing Lilu and WhateverGreen.

Well, we definitely wont get a web driver for 10.14.0, might as well wait for 10.14.1 to be released. That should happen sometime after the Apple Event next week; there are bound to be some support for Mac updates in 10.14.1.

posted. please check previous posts. nothing new.

Well to me it is new because I didn't really have the time to sift through 27 pages of posts in this thread.

What I meant to say is that I think NVIDIA is a load of bovine excrement. How can Apple block them from releasing a kernel mode kext when they own a signing certificate and can sign the kext on their own with a proper certificate and release it?

It is the same as if they claimed that Microsoft is blocking them from releasing drivers for Windows 10 -- surely they have to wait for Microsoft to finish WHQL testing and approval to release the final thing, but they have been releasing beta drivers for ages and those load just fine because they are signed with valid driver signing certificate.

Well to me it is new because I didn't really have the time to sift through 27 pages of posts in this thread.

What I meant to say is that I think NVIDIA is a load of bovine excrement. How can Apple block them from releasing a kernel mode kext when they own a signing certificate and can sign the kext on their own with a proper certificate and release it?

It is the same as if they claimed that Microsoft is blocking them from releasing drivers for Windows 10 -- surely they have to wait for Microsoft to finish WHQL testing and approval to release the final thing, but they have been releasing beta drivers for ages and those load just fine because they are signed with valid driver signing certificate.

There are no drivers. Apple is not refusing to sign anything. Nvidia has to write drivers before Apple can even have a chance to sign them.

There are no drivers. Apple is not refusing to sign anything. Nvidia has to write drivers before Apple can even have a chance to sign them.

That's what I said -- and AFAIK it is NVIDIA signing them, not Apple. The excuse NVIDIA gave is fake. It is really an annoying situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back