Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I said -- and AFAIK it is NVIDIA signing them, not Apple. The excuse NVIDIA gave is fake. It is really an annoying situation.

One thing to consider is the kernel “open source”. Apple finally released the source for HS 13.4-13.6 a couple of weeks ago. Maybe Apple hasn’t released the kernel source to them so they can’t write a kernel extension. They may need a Rosetta Stone? And then the issue with xCode 10 not working with Cuda.

One thing to consider is the kernel “open source”. Apple finally released the source for HS 13.4-13.6 a couple of weeks ago. Maybe Apple hasn’t released the kernel source to them so they can’t write a kernel extension. They may need a Rosetta Stone? And then the issue with xCode 10 not working with Cuda.

Why would they need to have a full kernel source to build a driver kext? How much of the kernel/IOKit API related to kexts has really changed between 10.3.6 and 10.4.0? Aren't those changes documented while the OS is still in beta testing?

As for xCode 10 and CUDA, I don't see what that has to do with working video driver -- CUDA is a separate (and optional) package from the video driver itself.

Why would they need to have a full kernel source to build a driver kext? How much of the kernel/IOKit API related to kexts has really changed between 10.3.6 and 10.4.0? Aren't those changes documented while the OS is still in beta testing?

As for xCode 10 and CUDA, I don't see what that has to do with working video driver -- CUDA is a separate (and optional) package from the video driver itself.

Cuda is a main reason to use Nvidia for pro apps.

If there wasn’t much change the 13.6 Drivers should work. But they don’t. Apple hasn’t released the source code “openly”. Maybe they have given it to other vendors and held it back for Nvidia?

As someone who needs CUDA acceleration in macOS, am I better off sticking to High Sierra for the foreseeable future? Sure seems like those nVidia drivers aren't coming.

As someone who needs CUDA acceleration in macOS, am I better off sticking to High Sierra for the foreseeable future? Sure seems like those nVidia drivers aren't coming.

If you need Cuda, you don't have any choice but to stay with High Sierra.

I'm iOS Developer, What should I do to able to install or upgrade my High Sierra 10.13.6 to 10.14?
Xcode 10 is really important for me.
My graphic card is GTX950

I'm iOS Developer, What should I do to able to install or upgrade my High Sierra 10.13.6 to 10.14?
Xcode 10 is really important for me.
My graphic card is GTX950
Remove your 950 and enable the integrated Intel UHD graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back