Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Motherboard
Asrock z370 Fatal1ty itx-ac
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Gaming 4GB
All I needed is WhateverGreen and Lilu which I already had from my previous High Sierra. And of course setting the IGPU as my Initial Display in BIOS. HD630 works great.
I want to kiss you. Finally have a working display until the drivers come out. Thank you!

Motherboard
GIGABYTE X79-UD5
CPU
Xeon E5-2648L
Graphics
Dual: XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition 8GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What is necessary to make these cards work with macOS? Or do they just work when you plug them in OOTB.

I think they should work OOB. I don't think they require any patching because you can build your own eGPU. I have an XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition 1425MHz OC+ on order, but don't have it yet. I'll let you know how it fairs. :)

The only problem I can foresee now is the lack of macOS support for MST Hubs to support 6+ displays. I have 6.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH-Clover
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630, 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I think they should work OOB. I don't think they require any patching because you can build your own eGPU. I have an XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition 1425MHz OC+ on order, but don't have it yet. I'll let you know how it fairs. :)

The only problem I can foresee now is the lack of macOS support for MST Hubs to support 6+ displays. I have 6.
I just installed my Gigabyte AORUS RX 580 8GB. I haven't picked up a DisplayPort cable yet, so I used an HDMI cable. Upon booting to the OS, the screen was blank (although I could hear the notifications, indicating that Mojave booted properly).

It got fixed as soon as I installed the latest WhateverGreen.kext in /Library/Extensions. The previous one (I upgraded from High Sierra and used the Multibeast version for the Nvidia one) apparently didn't work for this GPU. But it's up and running now, and I will report back on how it fares in Premiere Pro.

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-GAMING 6
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yeah looks like am gonna be moving over to team Red as well. Just got a Strix Vega 64.

Motherboard
Lenovo Flex 4
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Might need inject Nvidia in clover graphics settings. My gt 710 does.
If it doesn't need inject Nvidia, could that end up messing up my system? Or will it not matter?

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
If it doesn't need inject Nvidia, could that end up messing up my system? Or will it not matter?

No, it's about stability. If it doesn't boot or if it doesn't list correctly try inject Nvidia. There are some other options in recent Clover like Nvidia Single, No EFi, etc...

Motherboard
Asus B85M-E/CSM
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

I tried two Accell MST hubs a while back... neither worked. Would it be possible to run the 6th display off of the iGPU if your CPU has one?