Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah looks like am gonna be moving over to team Red as well. Just got a Strix Vega 64.

Might need inject Nvidia in clover graphics settings. My gt 710 does.
If it doesn't need inject Nvidia, could that end up messing up my system? Or will it not matter?

If it doesn't need inject Nvidia, could that end up messing up my system? Or will it not matter?

No, it's about stability. If it doesn't boot or if it doesn't list correctly try inject Nvidia. There are some other options in recent Clover like Nvidia Single, No EFi, etc...

The only problem I can foresee now is the lack of macOS support for MST Hubs to support 6+ displays. I have 6.

I tried two Accell MST hubs a while back... neither worked. Would it be possible to run the 6th display off of the iGPU if your CPU has one?

The only problem I can foresee now is the lack of macOS support for MST Hubs to support 6+ displays. I have 6.

A little off-topic but out of interest, what do you use 6 displays for?

NVIDIA Series 7xx family is native support by macOS, it doesn't need web driver.
Is it true for even Nvidia Geoforce 730? I can't seem to even get my High Sierra working without using web drivers.

Is it true for even Nvidia Geoforce 730? I can't seem to even get my High Sierra working without using web drivers.

If your GT730 is based on the Fermi chip (one of the 3 types of GT730) then it will not be supported on Mojave since the Fermi chip does not support Metal. Older Nvidia graphics cards that are based on Fermi chip such as GTS 450 and GTX 560 are also not supported under Mojave.

I couldn't stand Nvidia's web driver unpredictability and I have replaced my Nvidia GT 1030 with a Radeon RX 560. Not a direct replacement, but I also wanted a little bit more processing power. The GT 1030 was much more economical though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back