Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> No USB audio devices after OpenCore Big Sur installation (USB Port Mapping)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I use -uia_exclude_ss what will happen to the keyboard/mouse? They are both USB 2 devices. I can move them to USB 3 capable ports, but it seems with the "exclude" boot argument will make them inoperable.

Okay. My apologies.

I was trying not to point you at @RehabMan 's comprehensive guide because it is very big and a lot to take in ...

I made an error. Please check my text again. I was suggesting disabling HS ports - not SS - my typo in the boot-flag. I have corrected it.

Yes, your suspicion is correct. What we do to get around the possibility of disabling the port we need for a USB keyboard, or even a bluetooth adapter for one, is to "include" the relevant port it is plugged into. Same for any mouse. So check those two before you start - I assume HS07 and HS08 ?

The combination commands we need then is: -uia_exclude_hs uia_include=HS07,HS08

Now all other HS** ports should be disabled/hidden leaving just HS07 and HS08 along with the other 8x SS** ports.

You assume correctly my KB/M are on HS07 and HS08, respectively.

Do I append that string to the boot_arg line, or create a child string of the USBInjectAll.kext line?

Yes, add to the boot arguments in the NVRAM section of your config.plist. Then, when you reboot remember to ResetNVRAM from the OpenCore menu, rather than just rebooting straight away. If you do this the PC will reboot itself and then when back at the OC menu once more you can choose your boot drive.

All USB ports are functioning. Using the advice offered in this thread and Hackintool I discovered that the Gigabyte GA-B356M-DS3H motherboard only provisions 15 out of the available 22 USB ports, consequently, it was virtually painless to map the ports. There is an unused USB 2.0 header on my board which I did not test, so my USBPorts.kext only provisions 13. If I should ever need to use that header, I can remap the ports and still stay within the 15-port limit.

Thank you, UtterDisbelief. And thanks to headkraze and ReHabMan for their efforts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back