Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> No USB audio devices after OpenCore Big Sur installation (USB Port Mapping)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you need to do now is properly configure all those USB ports by creating a USBPorts.kext. With USBInjectAll in place you use the Hackintool app to identify and configure each of the ports. Then you export the USBPorts.kext and remove/disable USBInjectAll.

You can do this with CorpNewt's USBMap script instead if you would rather.
UtterDisbelief is 100% correct here, you haven't correctly created your usb map, read the dortania usb mapping guide THOROUGHLY. You need to explicitly list every port for both USB2 and USB3 (HS/SS) while keeping the total number under 15. Good luck

RE: The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration

Does your preference for USBInjectAll.kext version 0.7.3 still hold, or should I stick to version 0.7.7?

That depends on the system-definition you are using. The later versions have the more recent ones.

They have also been updated to include new chipsets like he Z400 and Z500 series.

As you are on Coffee Lake hardware by the look of it, and perhaps an older sys-def, the 0.7.3 is fine.

:)

I've been using iMac 19,1. Under Catalina that sys-def worked perfectly.

I installed USBInjectAll 0.7.7 yesterday.

Should I downgrade?

No. Should be fine.

According to Intel's specifications page the B365 chipset provides a total of 14 USB ports -- up to 14 USB 2 ports and 8 USB 3 ports, which I interpret as meaning a maximum mix of 8 USB 3 ports and 6 USB 2 ports. In the case of my GA-B355M-DS3H board, there are 5 physical USB 3.0 (blue) ports, four on the back panel and 1 on the front panel, which count as two each for a total of 10 ports under macOS 11. There are two USB 2 ports on the back and two on the front, 14 total ports. There's also an unused USB 2 header, which I must leave unmapped.

As it stands now, 3 of the 5 physical USB 3 ports are dead. The rest are working, including 2 USB 3 ports.

According to Intel's specifications page the B365 chipset provides a total of 14 USB ports -- up to 14 USB 2 ports and 8 USB 3 ports, which I interpret as meaning a maximum mix of 8 USB 3 ports and 6 USB 2 ports. In the case of my GA-B355M-DS3H board, there are 5 physical USB 3.0 (blue) ports, four on the back panel and 1 on the front panel, which count as two each for a total of 10 ports under macOS 11. There are two USB 2 ports on the back and two on the front, 14 total ports. There's also an unused USB 2 header, which I must leave unmapped.

As it stands now, 3 of the 5 physical USB 3 ports are dead. The rest are working, including 2 USB 3 ports.

Yes, the B365 has a total of 14x ports of which all can be USB 2 because any USB3 ports also work as USB2. Only 8x are USB3 capable. So you actually have a max of 22x ports. Which is why we do the mapping and need to reduce to 15x.

As for the "dead" ports, that will depend on your mapping. How did you do this?

Using the USBMap script I got these results from the Discovery option:
discovery output.png

This seems to account for all the wired ports. Perhaps I should let the script create the kext and then test it using a bootable flash drive?

Using the USBMap script I got these results from the Discovery option:View attachment 524702
This seems to account for all the wired ports. Perhaps I should let the script create the kext and then test it using a bootable flash drive?

I don't use the USBMap script myself, but it looks from that screen as though you don't have a working port-limit removal patch in place.

Because Big Sur 11.3+ has a conflict with the XhciPortLimit Quirk from OpenCore, getting all ports recognised is not quite as straightforward as any earlier version of macOS without the OC problem.

Basically what you have to do is use the special USBInjectAll.kext boot-flags to disable all the HS** (USB2) ports leaving only the SS** USB3 ports visible. The boot-flag you need is "-uia_exclude_hs" (without quotation-marks).

When you re-check your ports with IORegistryExplorer for example, you will see only the SS** (USB3) ports and can test/map them. You can then combine your two tables - HS and SS - and create the necessary kext.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back