Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I sucessfully installed Mountain Lion on my hackintosh with my Z68x-ud3h-b3. Everything seems to be working properly at this point accept the audio. I believe what i installed in multibeast was the 'unified device injector' which was under "realtek alc8xx" Anybody know which kexts i should install????

Install Drivers & Bootloaders/ Kexts & Enablers/ Audio/ Realtek ALC8xx/ Patched AppleHDA/ ALC889
With this the sound will work.

Worked! Thanks a bunch.

Hey, I just tried this and it did not work. Is there anything else I can do? I have the same motherboard.

Hey, I just tried this and it did not work. Is there anything else I can do? I have the same motherboard.
you must install both the unified device injector and the patched apple HDA 889 for audio

Also this problem.. Did you guys boot without kernel flags? I only can boot with -f and also can't run hd4000 fully on this mobo..

If you are running the U1H bios, the procedure to get audio working is a little different (and even more different if you're trying to get HDMI audio working, which I don't yet have a handle on!). :)

Under this BIOS, you don't need a DSDT (and using one for F12 or older is likely to cause major issues). Instead, from Multibeast, choose UserDSDT but *without* a DSDT file on the desktop. Then select the NON-DSDT audio enabler (889) and the patched Apple HDA for 889 as well. Just those two. Install, repair permissions and reboot. You should have working sound again!

(You'll have to install networking seperately, but it sounds like you already have that running?)

Edit: Don't forget to remove whatever kexts were installed by the Unified Device Injector and rebuild the kext cache using Kext Wizard (for example) as having multiple audio drivers installed will almost certainly lead to a Kernel Panic.

i did all that and still didn't have sound. i had to go in system preferences / sound and select internal speakers under 'output.'

*facepalm*:) glad you got it working, I've done the same thing before

i didn't have to do that in lion, so i was panicking. i even reinstalled the os. d'oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back