Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
IOReg does shows Internal Speakers selected and no audio active, i.e., no iTunes.

Wow, that's interesting. I didn't know you can see this from the IOReg in such great detail. I've attached it again, but this time I made sure iTunes & Youtube are running. I can't remember whether I had active background sound during the last export.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    9 MB · Views: 98
Hello Toleda,

I'm back with some issues on the configuration. I was able to repair the issue from the card not showing up in OSX. Previous post here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143752-no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide-61.html #604

How I fixed it ? NO IDEA : I took my computer over to a friends and out of nowhere the thing started working. Did not change anything in the settings nor installation.

Attached I put an archive, with I hope all information you need.

Speakers and/or micrrophine => Headset with microphone
Make and model => Ozone Spark : http://www.lesnumeriques.com/casque-audio/ozone-spark-p14216/test.html
Audio port connected (color, motherboard or case) => Connected on motherboard. Mic on Pink, Sound on green
Selection in System Preferences/Sound/Output or Input => I tried all of the available. Do we need to restart when changing the output?

I test the sound with iTunes but I see no change at all when switching outputs

Thanks for your feedback if any

Regards
Christian

Attachments

• FilesNeeded.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 117
Selection in System Preferences/Sound/Output or Input => I tried all of the available. Do we need to restart when changing the output?

I test the sound with iTunes but I see no change at all when switching outputs
Audio is installed correctly.
No.
What are you expecting to change when "changing the output"?

What are you expecting to change when "changing the output"?

Hello Toleda,

Not expecting anything. I was asking cause I had several outputs. So I was not sure that switching between them in order to find the one working would be a good test without restarting the computer.

Do you have any idea with the audio is not working? :banghead:

Chris

No restart required. The preferences pane is a switch. If the audio device selected has no speaker connected, no sound. Each audio device connects to a specific port. See Screenshots - Realtek ALC AppleHDA_v2.pdf

Thanks! I think my problem is that i dont have the internal speaker one showing. I need to find that!

Do you know how this list is populated?

Is the system scanning the card and defining the outputs during the boot process?

Since other outputs are there, I believe there is no need to have anything connected for the output to be detected, correct?

Chris

i dont have the internal speaker one showing
Do you know how this list is populated?
Is the system scanning the card and defining the outputs during the boot process?
I believe there is no need to have anything connected for the output to be detected, correct?
Attach screenshot
Based on what the codec and motherboard are capable of
No
Yes

Attach screenshot
Based on what the codec and motherboard are capable of
No
Yes

Hey Toleda,

I noticed earlier that on my other screenshots I could see a Headphones output (front ports). So I went and tried them. It works !

No issues there, I just need to leave the headset connected in the front.

Here is the screenshot from the outputs I have and the tests I made.

Thanks for all your help, really appreciated.

Regards
Christ

Attachments

• Sound Settings.png
    Sound Settings.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back