Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely an issue specific to your system.

Hmm, I shall continue to investigate, maybe something related to the "built-in rear audio amplifier" advertised on the back of the box that CodecCommander isn't handling. Edit: Or the fact that this board has an optical out instead of a 6th 1/8" like a lot of boards seem to -- perhaps I need to alter the layout.xml in some fashion.

I'm a fairly technical sort, but any suggestions on where I might start looking? You know the audio subsystem so well, any pointers might be appreciated. Thanks again!

Edit: Looks like I was mistaken, CodecCommander didn't actually do anything. I just hadn't cranked volume to absolute max in both system and iTunes before, which was necessary to hear the occasional static and high-frequency bursts. Verified it's loaded via kextstat just in case ;)

Edit the second: It appears the culprit is Windows 8.1. If I power down and unplug main power, wait 30 seconds, and boot into Yosemite, green port works as per normal. If I boot into Windows, even to the login screen, green port ceases to work until I cold start again. Odd...apparently not an actual no sound issue, apologies for the clutter!

Ok, so I tried this with the alc 892 and I can not test with itunes, the play button won't work, i have attached all possible files(console is not working). The pink line in is workingView attachment AppleHDA.kext.zipView attachment AppleHDA.kext.zip Untitled.pngView attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plistView attachment Patrik’s Mac Pro.ioreg

Ok, so I tried this with the alc 892 and I can not test with itunes, the play button won't work
Used 2 Audio ID injection methods and an old AppleHDA.kext. Two enablers disable audio. Suggest MultiBeast 7/Drivers/Audio.

Used 2 Audio ID injection methods and an old AppleHDA.kext. Two enablers disable audio. Suggest MultiBeast 7/Drivers/Audio.
Thanks, now the things not working are the hdmi audio and input. These are the only files on the Mac

Attachments

• IO.ioreg
    2.6 MB · Views: 137
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 22.29.39.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 22.29.39.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 150
You have all the files noted in Post #1, Problem Reporting. IOReg shows input working. HDMI audio is off topic, see Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA
No it does not, the original was with the mavericks 6.1 driver plus the 7. Are you sure that you have red the new ioreg?

Well, its still not working. Isn't there anything I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back