Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try:
1st Line Out > Orange Port/Motherboard
2nd Line Out > Black Port/ Motherboard

No sound from any port in Mac. I even did a restart before trying each time. / I also check in windows just in case of a hardware problem and all ports work fine.

No sound from any port in Mac.
To be clear, sound only works when the speaker is plugged into the one port selected in System Preferences; trial and error always fails in every test case.

Has macOS audio ever worked with this motherboard?

To be clear, sound only works when the speaker is plugged into the one port selected in System Preferences; trial and error always fails in every test case.

Has macOS audio ever worked with this motherboard?

Thanks for the quick answer and Dont worry, I will follow any step you say.
The board sound did work on Maverick with chameleon, but It had a drive malfunction, got a new drive and install the latest possible for this machine, el capitan.

I have discovered that with my NUC d34010wyk and Sierra that the audio works through audio port but not hdmi, but only if I:
1. boot with nothing plugged into audio port
2. after login, connect audio cable and change settings in audio preference panel
This is just an experiment for me so no big deal, but I am wondering if I can adjust config to allow cable to be plugged in at startup.

Hi.
I have a working system but no sound. Initially no devices were listed in System Preferences/Sound/Output (although I have a Logitech USB headset and both the mic and headphones work when that is plugged in, and it appeared in System Preferences/Sound/Output and Input shortly after it was plugged in.
I've worked through the guides in the Audio section, trying to be systematic in my approach.
I stepped through the "100/200 Series/Intel High Definition Audio (Workaround requires 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5)" from the 'Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA guide'.
As a result of this the System Report/Audio reported: Intel High Definition Audio
  • Speaker
  • Line Output
  • Line Output
  • Internal Microphone
  • Line Input
  • Line Input
  • Headphone
  • S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output
  • HSMI / DisplayPort Output
But no devices were listed in System Preferences/Sound/Output or Input (other than the Logitech USB headset).
I then implemented the first solution suggested in Quick Fix: 200 Series/Kaby Lake Audio, installing FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. As a result of this step I then saw devices listed in System Preferences/Sound/Output and Input (Output: Internal Speakers, Line Out, Line Out, Digital Out; Input: Internal Microphone, Line In)

However, I can't get any sound out. I have a S/PDIF module plugged into the motherboard and that is connected via a coaxial cable to my DAC, which in turn is connected to an amp and speakers. Produces no sound when Digital Out is selected as the output. I've plugged headphones into the front panel headphone socket on the case, and listened with internal speakers selected as well as with both Line Out options selected, with no success. I've also plugged headphones into the rear line out port (green) again with no success.

OS X version 10.12.6
motherboard model: Asus Prime H270 Pro
BIOS version: 0808
processor: Intel i5 7500
graphics: Intel HD630.

I feel so close to sorting this out after working on it all day. Thanks for any help. Apologies if I've missed anything.

Attachments

• IOReg.ioreg
    2.7 MB · Views: 104
  • config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 147
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
  • audio_codecdetect_output.txt
    373 bytes · Views: 91
  • system-info-audio-screenshot.png
    system-info-audio-screenshot.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 88
  • system-prefs-sound-output.png
    system-prefs-sound-output.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 84
Does not show in IOReg; installed where with what?

The benefit of a second (and rather more knowledgeable) brain looking at things. Thanks. I guess must have implemented the fix and then removed it again when it didn't work. Now reimplemented. New IOReg file attached.

I now have sound output from the rear (lime green) port. Nothing from the front panel headphone port, and no sound output via the digital out port. I've tried injecting three different audio IDs (1,2,3) by editing my config.plist file - no difference between them in terms of sound output. (My Logitech USB headset continues to work).

Attachments

• IOReg.ioreg
    2.7 MB · Views: 80
Nothing from the front panel
See Post #1, 3. Front Panel
no sound output via the digital out port
Native AppleHDA.kext only supports motherboard optical digital output. To use the motherboard SPDIF header, significant edits required; see
Customization.pdf/Procedure 7. Substitute SPDIF - 2 Wire Output
I've tried injecting three different audio IDs (1,2,3)
3 is not valid for your system. Choices:
1: 2 inputs and 1 output
2: 0 inputs and 3 outputs (analog 5.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back