Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amp problem, nothing wrong with AppleHDA.
What did you set 'Gain Boost' selector switches to?
They are all stock, audio was working fine yesterday, plugged in headphones through Front Panel and today I get that distorted sound. Is there a chance that connecting something to FP Audio did something to Audio on my build? BTW, is there Audio working on last NVIDIA Web Drivers through HDMI?

1. Issues:
  • Mic is not working
  • Headphone (green port) is not working. This includes both front and rear panel.*
2. My machine is running macOS 10.12.6 Sierra on Asus Z170-A motherboard/BIOS version : 3401** :/ Gpu is Asus HD7770-1GD5 v1 and cpu i7 6700.

3. For installation I used the Z170 Pro guide as the build was rather similar along with a few other guides to fully optimize iGPU as well. (i used the Intel HD 530 first, so I could install verde.kext for my gpu)
As for the audio, this ****** guide helped me to go through basics and get the sound working on orange/black port.
NOTE: I did do a fresh install of OS as I didn't really know what I was doing at first. I did backup all of the kexts before starting in case O mess something up :))

4. I tried logitech x-230 speakers, yenkee yhp-3020 and standard phone headphones. None of them worked in green port. Using Black and orange ports for now.

*The headphone port tends to switch to "internal speakers" for a split second and makes small noise as if I just connected the device into the port. It also makes the computer lag a bit.
**Will update bios to see if and how it affected audio.
***Skipped the console step because I'm probably missing something obvious and can't find a way to do it.

Thanks in advance,
Pavle.

Attachments

• Screenshot at Jul 26 23-52-33.png
    Screenshot at Jul 26 23-52-33.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • Pavle’s iMac.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 105
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
  • config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 230
  • boot_log.txt
    26.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
****** guide helped me
Fail. Post to ******
If you want support on this site, use methods from this site.
See Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1 for supported methods.
As well, IOReg does not reflect boot log; make both files from same boot.

New files are uploaded (sorry, quite new to this :/)
After booting to windows I noticed that realtek drivers also detect the green port on front panel as connected and it reconnects from time to time. It's hardware problem so we will skip that :/

I used the ****** guide just to check my config and delete some stuff, it's essentially your vit9696/AppleALC guide. I don't even have ****** account, just happened to stumble upon that post.

The problem that really bothers me is microphone. I have no idea what could be the problem

Thanks for fast response :)

FIXED

After messing with the front panel cable, I managed fix it. The green port works, and so does the mic. I'm assuming that what happened here was just a front panel hw problem.

Anyway, thanks for making those guides (i used them before, but the system was already messed up and had to reinstall it)

Attachments

• boot_log.txt
    26.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Pavle’s iMac.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 89
Hi Toleda:
Its a MSI G41M-p25 with a Core2quad, I install el Capitan and everything works perfect except the audio.
I did a clean Install every time I tried something new.

1. can not hear any sound, Green, Black or Orange. Speakers pop when audio is initialize on boot.
2. El Capitan, MSI G41M-P25 (MS7592 VER6), Bios:America Megatrends A7592IMS SA0, core2quad 2.4, NVIDIA GFORCE 620
3. Multibeast Intallation for El Capitan, ACL998 & 100 HDMI Disable
4. Attached
5. Attached
6. N/A
7 Attached, Not sure if I did it correctly.
8. Attached
9. N/a
10. Attached
11. M-Audio AV-40 Studio Speakers, I Try all in the back but mostly green, Internal Speakers

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Judith’s iMac.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 2.46.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 2.46.38 PM.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 2.47.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 2.47.37 PM.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 2.49.10 PM.png