Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you select Audio ID: 2 (3 audio ports)?

because I was desperate :| I did Audio ID 1 and tried ID 2 one as a last attempt before bothering you guys. You just got the last version. Changing the ID did not change the behaviour that I did describe.

There is another issue that is connected to my audio problem and might give a hint about what is happening: Whenever the audio adapter is enabled in Bios AND the audio kext/patch loaded I get random restarts during boot (5 out of 6). Shortly before the restart I get the attached error (which looks like a kernel panic). It is clearly seen that AppleHDA is involved..

Attachments

• IMG_2849.JPG
    IMG_2849.JPG
    820.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
It is clearly seen that AppleHDA is involved..
Clearly AppleHDA.kext is not the problem
KP is caused by IOGraphicsFamily (backlight controller)
When the KP is resolved, Set Audio ID: 1
Reply with new files.

ok but maybe you can give me a hint in the right direction. I don't get any kernel panics if i don't apply the patch (any of them). And AppleHDA show up place 2nd and 3rd in the kp trace.

as i said, every few times the kp doesn't occur even with the patch. thats how i made the screenshots. and most of the tests (all but the last one) i made with device-id 1 which produces the exact same behaviour.

what do you suggest?

well don't know if thats the right terminology to call it a patch, but any of those:
- MultiBeast/Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC892
- audio_cloverALC-120.command
- audio_pikeralphaALC-120.command
each current version
did proper uninstall and restore of AppleHDA in each case

when removed, no KP
or: when audio bios disable, also no KP

probably KP and no-audio problem (when successfully booted with "patch" after a few reboots loops) is related. but i don't know.

tried a lot of things and i'm out of ideas.
audio in windows 10 is working. also usb audio adapter. so either hardware defect or faulty hifi unlikely.

Last edited:
any of those
Are you using Clover Configurator?
You are the first user to report problems when playing with the patches. The problem is not the patches. The patches do not cause KPs. A reinstall is suggested. Use one audio install method, full stop. Reply with new files.

Use one audio install method

i did, using multibeast right after install. because of problem like described i used alternative methods.

reinstall is not an option for me now (did the update to 10.12.3 today, so system files prestine). system is running fine and stable otherwise. think i'll have to stick with my usb sound then.

The problem is not the patches. The patches do not cause KPs.

i want to believe you, in the end you know this stuff far better than me. it's just the cause and effect thing that makes me wonder. but maybe / probably its another issue that is triggered by the audio chip being somehow activated by the patch. Is it so impossible though that there might be an issue with the new z270 chipset / board? - there are not many builds with this until now..

anyway, thanks for your time. i something else crosses your mind, drop me a note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back