Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. No Sound. Itunes will not play once I press the play button. Some crackle and sharp noises can be heard when I boot into OSx.
2. OSx 10.10.4/X99-UD4/BIOS ID: 8A07AG07/i7-5820K/GTX970
3. I used clover to install. I used a non-tonymac guide at first. It did not work for audio. I removed the audio kexts from the previous guide from Clover Configurator and then followed Toleda's guide using audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0l-2.command
4. View attachment ColinMacPro.iojones
5. View attachment AppleHDA.kext.zip
6. N/A
7. None
8. i) Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 6.59.53 PM.png
ii) Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 7.00.55 PM.png
9. N/A
10. i)View attachment config.plist
ii)View attachment debug.log
11. Speaker model is Creative Inspire T6160. The green wire is hooked up to the green port on the motherboard. The current system preferences setup is as shown in the above screenshot. I also tried it through the headphone port, while changing the setup in system preferences to headphones.

So I tried to get sound working with the following:

1. Put a native AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E using Kext Utility
2. Downloaded and used Kext Utility on HDAEnabler1.kext
3. Followed the Clover x99 audio guide on post #226 on x99 Temporary Guide
-- Before step 3, I was able to play a song in Itunes without sound. It would cut out after ~10 seconds and the my sound devices would no longer be present in system preferences/sound. After completing step 3, I heard the squeak/chirp as my computer booted.

Are these the correct steps I should be taking to get audio working on my system?

Thank you!

1. Only audio is a chirp/squeak at startup
2. OSx 10.10.4/X99-UD4/BIOS ID: 8A07AG07/i7-5820K/GTX970
3. a.
Put a native AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E using Kext Utility
b. Downloaded and used Kext Utility on HDAEnabler1.kext
c. Followed the Clover x99 audio guide on post #226 on x99 Temporary Guide
  • Before step 3, I was able to play a song in Itunes without sound. It would cut out after ~10 seconds and the my sound devices would no longer be present in system preferences/sound. After completing step 3, I heard the squeak/chirp as my computer booted.
4. View attachment 164507
5. View attachment 164508
6. View attachment 164509
7. None
8. View attachment 164510View attachment 164511
9. N/A
10. View attachment 164512
View attachment debug.log
11. Speaker model is Creative Inspire T6160. The green wire is hooked up to the green port on the motherboard. The current system preferences setup is as shown in the above screenshot. I also tried it through the headphone port, while changing the setup in system preferences to headphones.

No audio post Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Installation and MultiBeast

Specs:

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H 1150 Socket Motherboard, EVGA Geforce GTX 660 2GB Graphics Card, Intel i7 4790k Quad-Core CPU

Runs through Unibeast installation just fine no problems whatsoever, I get to open MultiBeast and install my basic drivers that I need: networking, audio (Realtek ALC1150 codec, by the way), and everything else. Restart system, boots back into OS X no problem, Go to Sound in my System Preferences, Reads

Internal Speakers Built-In
Line Out Audio Line-out port
Line Out Audio Line-out port

Tried each of them out, volume moves up and down, however no audio whatsoever comes through my speakers. Everything is plugged in correctly, set up correctly and reads my 5.1 Logitech Z506 Surround Sound Speakers and says its in use but no audio whatsoever.

Please Please Please help me!! Need to get this system up and running fully 100% as soon as possible. (if it helps, I had OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 installed on it before and was working perfectly. Wanted to move back to Mountain Lion for Audio Post Production work). PLEASE PLEASE READ AND HELP ANYTHING IS APPRECIATED. THANK YOU!!!
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

No audio post Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Installation and MultiBeast
Totally useless. Clearly you did not read Post #1.
Posts to this thread must include the information requested in II. Problem Reporting. Any post without attachments may be removed without warning.
Duplicate post deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back