Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Toleda! And thanks for all your help. This is the first time I've had an issue installing sound using your guides. I can't seem to find anyone else who's had this problem...

1. Problem: Audio seems to be working, but when any file or web stream is played longer than a few seconds, the sound starts to degrade by getting choppy and dropping out, until it is gone completely. The sound will then slowly come back and be fine for a moment. Cycle repeats. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling using the two different scripts as well as trying the multibeast method with the same results. The problem is with all system audio - even alerts.

2. OSX 10.11.1 El Capitan (Clover 3270)
MB - Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UP5TH
BIOS - F11
CPU - i7-3770k
GPU - nVidia GTX 780 (native OSX drivers)

3. Procedure used: tired them all but started with CloverALC script.

11. tried every speaker/headphones I own with no change. Tried changing my system format in the audio midi setup utility to every frequency and still the problem persists. Also tried every color port. Nothing changes the sound.

I've attached an example mp3 of what comes out of my speakers. I recorded this with an external Tascam dr100mk2 audio recorder. Please excuse the boring content...

I should also mention that I had my system audio working great in Mavericks with Chameleon before updating to El Capitan.

And I think I attached everything you requested. Thanks in advance!

View attachment EXAMPLE_OF_PROBLEM.mp3
View attachment 4_Apples2Oranges_12_7_2015.ioreg
View attachment 5_AppleHDA.kext.zip
View attachment 7_Kernel Sound Assertions.log
8a_Hardware_Info.png

Attachments

• 8b_Audio_Output.png
    8b_Audio_Output.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 10a_config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 10b_bootlog.log.txt
    23.1 KB · Views: 81
Audio seems to be working, but when any file or web stream is played longer than a few seconds, the sound starts to degrade by getting choppy and dropping out, until it is gone completely.
Clearly, not a No Sound problem.
Self inflicted.
Config.plist/CPU/adjusting CPU/bus freqs impairs audio clock.

Clearly, not a No Sound problem.
Self inflicted.
Config.plist/CPU/adjusting CPU/bus freqs impairs audio clock.

Aha! But you knew the solution. :thumbup: Not sure how that got changed in my plist, but after clearing those fields, audio is crystal clear just like it was in Mavericks. THANK YOU!!

Required after installing any audio solution.
Why is S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext installed? Not used in 10.11 or Clover, remove.
Ignored Post #1, no IOJones/iTunes (no audio), Line Out selected (no sound on green port)
ITunes/Internal Speakers/Green motherboard audio port, reply with new files.

I was rebooting after every attempted change to audio or any other driver or system file. I had to force the machine to shut down and on boot up, it was still having issues. Not sure exactly why, but that is resolved now and you got your requested output.

HDAEnabler1.kext was most likely installed in either Mavericks or Yosemite and never removed. It's removed now.

I didn't ignore Post #1, I was trying to follow as closely as I could. Started with 'I. No Sound' since it matched, then went sequentially down the line until 1 > 1 > 7, 'If no sound, go to II' so I did. I mentioned that I tried to include IO output, but the software wasn't responding. System had only been up for a few days with no system or audio changes made so didn't think about a reboot at that time. On the next reply, I didn't have time to reboot. If I had ignored Post 1, there wouldn't have been any mention of trying to get the requested files/output. No need to jump down someone when they are trying.

After removing the stray kext, I've rebooted, rerun the command script, rebooted again, and still no audio. I do hear some sound during boot up and when initially clicking on the volume button, but no music or sound effects. The sound I'm hearing is the sound made when the hardware is initialized, like a dull pop sound so something is trying to work. I think it was doing this before so not really any change.

I've attached new files, hopefully all you need. If I missed something, just let me know and I will get it attached. I didn't attach a new copy of the system preferences since it's exactly the same as before.

Attachments

• Charles’s Mac Pro-1.iojones
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • Audio_Assertions-1.log
    11 KB · Views: 35
  • Boot Log-1.txt
    22.2 KB · Views: 87
  • System Information-Audio-1.png
    System Information-Audio-1.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 159
Issue is codec: 10ec0888_v100101

Post #1/Realtek ALC AppleHDA
Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA
4. 888_v100201 and earlier

Previous working 888/AppleHDA.kext?

I suspected that, but didn't know where to look to verify if my system was using that version. Thank you for pointing that out. I don't think I've every had a working 888 appleHDA unless Voodoo created one. Since that's a show stopper, I'll have to figure out what my options are.

Thanks again.

Update:
Your suggestion of locating a backup file made me go look and realize I had a backup of my original voodoo kext file. I know this is off topic, but for anyone else having the same problem this may work. First I edited the config.plist file for Clover and cleaned out all references to the ACL888, then rebooted to make sure no audio devices were detected. Then I used Multibeast to install the latest Voodoo driver. I rebooted, then placed a copy of that voodoo kext file in the EFI kexts folder for 10.11 and rebooted again. My system went into kernel panic, then rebooted itself. The system then proceeded to boot back into El Capitan and kept loading the OS. Once El Capitan loaded, my audio is now working again. Yay!!

Last edited:
1. Currently on 10.11.2. Using Multibeast to install audio codec, after restarting there is nothing showing up in the Sound tab. Use to get sound working in Yosemite.
2. OS X 10.11.2. Motherboard is ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer. CPU is Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell 3.2GHz LGA 1150. Graphics Card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (But I haven’t gotten it to work yet. Using Onboard graphics).
3. I’m using the guide on the tonymac website. My mobo website says I should install Realtek ALC1150 audio codec, which I’ve tried to install in multibeast. I used to get this to work in the past.
4. Attached the ioreg file
5/6. I didn't see AppleHDA.kext anywhere in this folder.
7. Don't see where kernel Sound Assertions is.
8. Attached the screen shots
10. Went into the config.plist file, didn't find the debug string in TextEdit.
11. Amazon basics speakers plugged into the green audio jack in the back of the motherboard.

Attachments

• Christian’s iMac.ioreg
    6.6 MB · Views: 90
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 1.27.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 1.27.02 PM.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 1.27.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 1.27.52 PM.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 113
  • config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Hello Toleda!
Please help! No sound here! The main reason I'm going this route is beacuse I want to not touch AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E so I've used your script.
I'll try to be as precise as I can!
So:
1. Description of audio problem: all seams to be ok but no sound, please see the attachment…
2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics: 10.11.2/ga-x99m gaming5/F4b/e5-2695v3 ES/msi gtx 970
Procedure/Guide Used:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html
II. Realtek ALC AppleHDA Scripts, I used first script

What I know is I can have audio with patched AppleHDA.kext v2.6.3, but after update I always lost my audio. Is my configuration unsupported and I always have to use patched AppleHDA.kext OR maybe there is a solution for me?
Thank you for your pacience!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 90
No sound here! The main reason I'm going this route is beacuse I want to not touch
No x99 fixes present
See Post #1Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA
2.X99/Intel High Definition Audio

Back up working AppleHDA.kext v2.6.3 to install after each Software Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back