Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows audio has no relevance to OS X audio.
In OS X, what audio port (color) are the speakers connected to?

Pink. Now that I look at it I'm using Audio ID 1 and it's not supposed to have a pink connector. Should I switch it to Audio ID 2 which does? It's definitely pink, green and blue.

Mostly I use HDMI so that's always the first thing I try, if I get no HDMI sound, I switch to the headphones connected to the pink slot in the back.

I really appreciate your patience.

I use HDMI so that's always the first thing I try, if I get no HDMI sound, I switch to the headphones connected to the pink slot in the back.
OS X/HDMI audio is not enabled on your system.
User error: Pink is OS X/Internal Microphone with Audio ID: 1
Green is OS X/Internal Speaker for Audio ID 1, 2 or 3.

Audio ID: 2:
Blue > Black (OS X/1st Line Out)
Pink > Orange (OS X/2nd Line Out)

Last request, read Post #1.

1. I am unable to passthrough AC3 audio to my receiver (older non-HDMI receiver, doesn't support DTS) via an optical cable. Also, I do not have HDMI audio as an option in the sound preferences
    1. I followed Stork's Hector guide for the initial MultiBeast options. The Gigabyte Z97N-WiFi is the same as the H97N-WiFi except that it supports overclocking. I have not overclocked my CPU, but would like the option to do so in the future.
    2. I followed toleda's guide for Realtek ALC AppleHDA and Surround Sound Realtek ALC AppleHDA.
    3. I attempted to play a .m4v with H.264 video, AAC and AC3 audio in MPlayerX_v1.0.22.1 with AC3 passthrough enabled in settings per the surround audio guide. The receiver creates a clicking noise and the blue light for Dolby Digital decoding does not turn on. The system CAN receive 2-channel PCM over optical.
    4. HDMI audio is simply not available as an option. I have the system plugged into a TV with HDMI, so it would theoretically be able to send stereo through HDMI to the TV speakers.
    5. I do not have an HDMI receiver, so I'm trying to get the Toslink to work. Please help me.
  2. 10.10.2 / Gigabyte Z97N-WiFi / F5 / Intel Core i7-4790K / none
  3. MultiBeast 7.2.0 recommendation from Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide], .mb file:View attachment MultiBeast i7.mb
  4. IOJones: View attachment iojones.iojones
  5. AppleHDA.kext: View attachment AppleHDA.kext.zip
  6. not installed
  7. I hope this is the correct set: View attachment sound_assertions.log Found it by clicking All Messages in Console and searching "Sound assertions"
  8. I'm not sure why, but I have two entries for "Intel High Definition Audio" Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.17.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.18.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.15.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.15.47 PM.png(no HDMI option)
  9. plist: View attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plist boot log: View attachment dpcimanager_boot_log.txt
  10. Clover not installed
  11. Speaker configuration:
    1. Sony STR-DE635 Dolby Digital 5.1 receiver with Infinity brand speakers, confirmed working TOSLINK with PS3, Comcast box, Apple TV, and DVD Player
    2. Optical Toslink Port connected on Gigabyte motherboard to receiver
    3. Digital Out (Optical digital-out port) selected in Sound preferences

Can anyone provide me with insight on how to enable the AC3 passthrough and to allow HDMI as an option?

Toleda, thank you for responding. However, I do not think my question is off topic, because my audio is not working correctly. Your guide for surround sound's problem reporting section leads to the Realtek ALC HDA guide, and that guide's problem reporting section leads to here when the problem is no sound.

I have followed both guides that you linked to and read through them extensively.

OS X/HDMI audio is not enabled on your system.
User error: Pink is OS X/Internal Microphone with Audio ID: 1
Green is OS X/Internal Speaker for Audio ID 1, 2 or 3.

Audio ID: 2:
Blue > Black (OS X/1st Line Out)
Pink > Orange (OS X/2nd Line Out)

Last request, read Post #1.

I'm sorry about the mess. I guess I deserved the last warning.

First: green works (very quiet, but works, based on my MBP assumed it to be lout so that I could hear it without actually wearing the earbuds. It's very quiet but I admit I did a crappy job, I didn't expect it)

I apologize for the confusion, I'm really sorry to waste your time, I assumed that HDMI would work (based on what I read).

File still missing and screenshot is wrong.
Make all the files during the same boot, move to a folder and attach.

can you tell me where i can find?

1. " EFI/CLOVER/misc/debug.log (Set config.plist/Boot/Debug/YES)
    1. or DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log"

when i go to misc/debug then its empty, i think your trying to say that i need to turn something on but i cant find anything that says debug in my config.plist

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-24 at 13.04.22.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-24 at 13.04.22.png
    506.5 KB · Views: 123
can you tell me where i can find?

1. " EFI/CLOVER/misc/debug.log (Set config.plist/Boot/Debug/YES)
    1. or DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log"
The answers are in your post.
1. Add the property as noted with TextEdit or use Clover Configurator
1. DPCIManager as noted​

The answers are in your post.
1. Add the property as noted with TextEdit or use Clover Configurator
1. DPCIManager as noted​

im sorry but can you make a screenprint or something to show me what you mean and where i can find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back