Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually both if you put it this way. At first I had no HDMI audio in Windows so I installed the drivers that came with the mother board. Then I uninstalled Realtek Audio drivers and booted OS X with no success with audio. Now I booted into Windows and HDMI audio still works despite the driver having been uninstalled. OS X still resists, either from a fresh boot or a reboot from Windows. I really don't care about audio in Windows, it's my fallback option. I bought the components based of osx86.org for the best OS X experience.

edit: The Note from Post 1 mentions problems when first booting into Windows and then having problems. I have no audio even without booting into the Windows partition, just fresh start, OS X boot, no audio. Sorry for the confusion.

Attach all files requested as noted in your screenshot.

what file are you missing? as far as i can see i've got them all

The Note from Post 1 mentions problems when first booting into Windows and then having problems.
To clarify, if you ever booted in Windows with the Realtek driver installed, no OS X audio. The issue is the state of the codec when Windows exits, not OS X.

So is there anything I can do at this point? I uninstalled the Windows driver and that didn't help.
Post #206 says it would help so there must be something else wrong.

Post #206 says it would help so there must be something else wrong.
The solution is Post #229. To reset the codec:
1. shut down the system
2. pull the power plug
3. hold down the power button until all LEDs on motherboard are off
4. wait 10 minutes
5. plug in power
6. start OS X.

Reply with new files.

Reply with new files.

I did it and still no sound. I haven't changed any files because I'm really lost at this point. All the files are the same as I uploaded yesterday.

Edit: Not sure if that's the problem because I read about AppleHDA.kext patching. It seems that my kext after everything I've done is untouched. But I have these settings so I assume it's patched on the fly?

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 6.22.38 PM.png

IAll the files are the same as I uploaded yesterday.
It seems that my kext after everything I've done is untouched.
If you reboot, the files likely changed; attach new files.
Clover patching of AppleHDA.kext uses the native AppleHDA; it will not look patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back