Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Sound after 10.10.2 App Store upgrade.

Hey

1. I upgraded to 10.10.2 and now have no audio. Post upgrade I ran Multibeast 7.2 to install new ALC898 drivers. Audio was working perfectly on 10.10.1. I think I've collected all of the necessary info for problem reporting below.

2. Yosemite 10.10.2 - GIGABYTE x87-U3DH MB - Intel i7 4770 - UEFI Bios - GTX970

3. I used the procedure listed here on the tonymac site post upgrade

4. View attachment 4.2 MacPro.iojones

5/6 - View attachment 5 AppleHDA.kext.zipView attachment 6 AppleHDA898.kext.zip

7 - View attachment 7 BOOT CONSOLE LOG.log.zip

8 - View attachment 8.zip

9 - View attachment 9.1 org.chameleon.Boot.plist View attachment 9.2 MacPro bootlog.zip

11 - Bose speakers/no audio device listed so no connection and no inputs

I'd appreciate any help. I tried the standard procedure several times and have had no luck and no sound

@ eldanimal

Please tell me how did you fixed EAPD problem. I have similar motherboard like you Mark 2, and also I have sound only from Line out, but i want to fix Green rear. I used Toleda's kext like you.

@ eldanimal

Please tell me how did you fixed EAPD problem. I have similar motherboard like you Mark 2, and also I have sound only from Line out, but i want to fix Green rear. I used Toleda's kext like you.

See https://github.com/Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander. To build the kext:

1. Install XCode from the App Store. (In order to sign into the App Store, I had to make sure my network interface was en0. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-not-verified-contact-support-assistance.html)

2. Open XCode. It will install additional developer tools.

3. Clone the EAPD-Codec-Commander repo and open the EAPD-Codec-Commander project in XCode. In Terminal:

Code:
git clone [email protected]:Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander.git
cd EAPD-Codec-Commander
open CodecCommander.xcodeproj

5. Modify the CodecCommander-Info.plist appropriately:

5a. Determine your HDEF Device Location and Codec Address Number using
Code:
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Consolas]ioreg | grep EngineOutput[/FONT][/COLOR]
as described in the "How Do I Enable It" section of the README here: https://github.com/Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander (Mine was 1B,0.)

5b. In XCode's folder view in the left panel, select CodecCommander > CodecCommander > Supporting Files > CodecCommander-Info.plist.

5c. In the plist that shows up in the main window, expand Information Property List > IOKitPersonalities > CodecCommander > Platform Profile > Default. Edit the HDEF Device Location value to match the info from ioreg. Also edit Codec Address Number if ioreg's output doesn't match the codec number shown. (See the "How Do I Enable It" section of the README for details.) Don't edit the ASUS properties, just the default properties. I did not have to change the Update Nodes property, either.

6. Build the project by selecting the Play button in the top left of XCode.

7. Install the CodecCommander kext using Kext Utility: In XCode's folder window, select CodecCommander > Products. Right-click CodecCommander.kext and Show in Finder. Drag the CodecCommander.kext into Kext Utility.

8. Reboot.

Hope that helps. Good luck hacking!

Ty mate. I will try soon as I DL Xcode.

Edit 1.

I did it like you said. No success. After that I remove my DSDT and use your apple.chameleon and same applehda.kext, not working again. I checked twice commander.kext and seams that is ok. Only one option left, so if you can upload your codeccommander.kext. And yes all parameters I got from ioreg are same like yours 1B,0.

1. No Sound. iTunes gets stuck when trying to play music. The bar doesn't move.
  2. Yosemite 10.10.2/Asus X99 Deluxe/UEFI Bios (on latest)/ i7 5960x/ Nvidia GTX760.
  3. Mutlibeast 7,2 ALC1150 and ID 1. Then ran the x99 patch from Toleda.
  4. Copy of IOReg (Tools 1.1) - Attached.
  5. System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext - Attached.
  6. System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDAxxx.kext (if installed) - Not installed.
  7. Console/All Messages/kernel Sound Assertions - select/Save Selection As: - Attached.
  8. Screen shots: - Attached
    1. System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices)
    2. System Preferences/Sound/Output
  9. Chimera/Chameleon - Attached.
    1. Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log
  10. Clover (if installed) - Not installed.
    1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
    2. EFI/CLOVER/misc/debug.log (Set config.plist/Boot/Debug/YES)
      1. or DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log
  11. Speakers and/or micrrophine
    1. Creative 2.1 Speakers with Woofer.
    2. Green Motherboard audio port.
    3. Internal Speakers.

Thanks for the help. I have tried to follow the steps multiple times but have failed to get audio working. I might be missing some step or making some mistake in installation.

Please also note that I have TV as my display via HDMI. When I installed the Audio driver through Multibeast I can see HDMI option. but once I restart the option is gone.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• HD_mac_pro_io_reg.ioreg
    8.5 MB · Views: 140
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    938.2 KB · Views: 95
  • sound_assertions.log
    81.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 11.52.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 11.52.07 AM.png
    901.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 11.52.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 11.52.35 AM.png
    956.3 KB · Views: 144
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    580 bytes · Views: 257
  • bootlog.log
    106.5 KB · Views: 97
After a long time I found issue for Green rear and headphones. I tried EAPD kext and EAPDfix but there is no help with that. I checked Toleda kext with scheme got from ubuntu and kext is 100% compatible with all of my ports.
How this things works, I turned off computer and detach power cord and after 60sec put it back. Turn on computer and boot direct to hackintosh. Sound works normal, and no need for any kext from above tied with EAPD, bcs I don't use sleep in any case.
If I log into windows after starting computer then restart and log into hackintosh, sound not work, only Line out, you know. So something happen when system switch between hack and win. Please if anyone have any idea how to fix this, bcs I needed windows for work :)

Edit:1 << possible solution >>

Uninstall Realtek audio drivers from Windows and use only default one. I need more time to test this, for now it seems to work. And after all default drivers are not so bad :)

I upgraded to 10.10.2 and now have no audio. Post upgrade I ran Multibeast 7.2 to install new ALC898 drivers. Audio was working perfectly on 10.10.1.
Wrong thread; no audio devices, post to No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA
With MultiBeast, installing audio with another method results in audio failure.
Remove S/L/E/AppleHDA898.kext
Reply with new IOJones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back