Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio is installed correctly and working
Nothing playing, audio source?
Speakers connected to what port? What audio device is selected?
Speakers connected to green plug on the motherboard.
Audio source is internal sound or iTunes.
Audio device is internal speakers.

Sound started working after I've unplugged the computer from the electricity.
no reset or shutdown helped.
good to know.

Thanks so much for your help toleda. I opened up the front panel and it was caked up with dust. It looked like some dust might have been bridging two of the wires (which explains some weird buzzing I was hearing before) Anyway, I gave it a good blow, and it's all working fine now. Thanks so much for narrowing it down for me.

Sorry to bother you again toleda, That didn't completely solve the problem. Now the front panel works directly from boot up. But after a deep sleep, both mic and headphone jacks stop registering changes in sys/prefs/audio (Internal speakers does not change to headphones etc). This is repeatable. They work again after reboot. So it seems like some issue with sleep occurring. I tried to install codeccommander.kext into S/L/E and that didn't fix the problem. Any ideas? Let me know if you need me to repost all the files, but they shouldn't have changed too much since I posted them last (besides the codeccommander I haven't changed anything)

Tried everything from these steps provided for troubleshooting in this thread, external threads, doing a dance, nothing. Mac detects audio devices and my microphone (which I can see that when I talk it picks up my voice in sound prefences) but I cannot hear anything when I attempt to play any audio...which leads me into my next problem...that I cant play any form of media because it stays on 0:00 no matter what. Does not matter if it is online, itunes, or in game. Specs are in my profile but just for kicks..I installed drivers through multi-beast, ran the ACL100 patch, etc. Nothing helps. Only kext I see in my EFI is the realtek in 10.12. If I plug or unplug my devices, it recognizes that I am removing an audio device. Set to internal speakers and micro phone. Tried plugging into my front headphone jack, still recognizes that I am plugging it in but no audio/no media can be played.

Attached is my config doc. Any help would be appreciated as this has been three days of troubleshooting. Everything else works great but the dang audio.

ASUS Z170-E Board rocking ACL887
I7-6700k

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 147
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back