Contribute
Register

No GPU Power Managment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I copied the kext to the desktop, right click > show package contents > select "info.plist" > open in macvim > edit as described > save with command-S > install with kext wizard , which is also set to rebuild permissions and the kext cache > reboot.

I had the original kext removed prior to doing this. I'm not sure where the problem is happening, but this is my process.

My AGPM kext is not loading either.. I tried and repaired permissions, rebuilt cache.. It doesn't load.

View attachment 77889

I had the same problem until i build an ssdt.aml file for my cpu. For more information how i did it see my post #119

Does editing the agpm change the clock being stuck?
@jamdox Do you have a DSDT.aml file?

I only intended to try and see but as my AGPM did not load nothing changed on my build. After using preview it gets stuck at 1.04GHz no matter what. I doubt it would work if my AGPM kext loaded as I have never seen a success story as of yet.

I am currently DSDT free and my CPU power management has no problems.

I do not even know what exactly the agpm would do if it worked because my GPU is clocking like a charm as long as I don't open preview.app. I doubt that making the AGPM would change anything about this. As I understood it, the whole problem is caused by the framework.

Greetings and happy holidays

muelleimer98

I do not even know what exactly the agpm would do if it worked because my GPU is clocking like a charm as long as I don't open preview.app. I doubt that making the AGPM would change anything about this. As I understood it, the whole problem is caused by the framework.

Greetings and happy holidays

muelleimer98

I have to agree as my GPU power management works like a charm even with 3D applications. I throttles back step by step once the 3D app is closed. The only case it gets stuck is when I use the preview app or go through my pics within finder.

So if it throttles back as it should when AGPM is not loaded I don't see a reason why it should work fine when AGPM is loaded.

Happy new year to all!

I am currently DSDT free and my CPU power management has no problems.

I have to also mention that when I said no problems my CPU would only throttle back to 800 MHz nothing lower than that. My pstates are 8 then 35,36,37,38,29,40,41 and 42 (I over clocked my CPU to 4.2 GHz) and obviously speedster is not working while Turbo Boost is working fine.

I don't know if this has any relation to my current GPU power management issue..

Do not trust hwmonitor about the CPU states. You should use the Intel Power Gadged, it is much better and tells you the real power consumption (which differs a lot from the hwmonitor one) and the real clock.
My hwmonitor also shows it clocks between 792 and 3.5, but the Intel app shows it is around 2,2 sometimes.

Greetings

muelleimer98

Do not trust hwmonitor about the CPU states. You should use the Intel Power Gadged, it is much better and tells you the real power consumption (which differs a lot from the hwmonitor one) and the real clock.
My hwmonitor also shows it clocks between 792 and 3.5, but the Intel app shows it is around 2,2 sometimes.

Greetings

muelleimer98

Thanks for the advice I will try the Intel's gadget out, but for p states I am using DPCI manager and it reports the same values as HWMonitor does.

Edit: I tried it out and if the values Intel tool shows are accurate it looks like we are having a better CPU power management than HWMonitor shows..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back