Contribute
Register

No GPU Power Managment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not correct what about the mac pro users?

When old Mac Pro will be removed from OSX support Apple will narrow down compatibility testing even more because no model will be using discrete and replaceable graphics cards :(

What System Definition are you guys running? I'm running MacPro3,1 and only get 2 g-states on my gtx760 (1GHz and 1,15GHz). I saw that MacPro3,1 is not mentioned in the agpm.kext/Contents/info.plist. Did anyone try to edit the g-states in the AGPM? I get a kp when changing to MacPro5,1/4,1.

Could this be a right way, editing the g-states in agpm?

What System Definition are you guys running? I'm running MacPro3,1 and only get 2 g-states on my gtx760 (1GHz and 1,15GHz). I saw that MacPro3,1 is not mentioned in the agpm.kext/Contents/info.plist. Did anyone try to edit the g-states in the AGPM? I get a kp when changing to MacPro5,1/4,1.

Could this be a right way, editing the g-states in agpm?

No, the AGPM.kext can't be edited because of the signature. If it is edited, it will not be loaded because of the missing signature. -> useless

EDIT: The throttling always works as long as you don't open preview.app.

if my cpu core always goes back to about 50 mhz does that mean mine is working ? mostly hover around 400mhz, sometimes jumps up to 1ghz, but hwmon always shows it going back down

No, the AGPM.kext can't be edited because of the signature. If it is edited, it will not be loaded because of the missing signature. -> useless

My AGPM is edited and loaded. You may be doing something wrong, or need to repair permissions.

I'll attach my AGPM. This is edited to have a GTX 670 recognized under the MacMini Server 6,2 profile. I think it was F65...

I grabbed the settings from an iMac which has the mobile equivalent of a 670, i.e. 1344 CUDA cores and 2GB VRAM. I assume the pstates are the same and that the card's BIOS will give the right voltages. I don't know if it'll work well for other GK104's though. And I edited it to have the same device ID as my card, of course.

I'll try to plug both monitors into my motherboard to see if it allows proper PM or impacts performance. Just not right now :p

View attachment AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.zip

Here it is not loaded. It never was loaded, I tried Mac Pro 5.1 and many iMacs, now I am on iMac 14.2.

Jamdox, what did you exactly edit in your agpm?

Attachments

• not loaded.tiff
    45.8 KB · Views: 130
My AGPM kext is not loading either.. I tried and repaired permissions, rebuilt cache.. It doesn't load.

Screen Shot 2013-12-27 at 14.40.47.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back