Contribute
Register

No Ethernet on an Asus Sabertooth X58 Mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X58
CPU
Graphics
iGPU
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

Can anyone advise how to go about getting Ethernet on an Asus Sabertooth X58 Mobo installed please?

The Ethernet port is a Realtek 8110SC.

Tried installing several kexts (not that I'm 100% on which one's do and don't work) without avail.

Thank you.

Edit: Think this is a mistake I've made. Basically was unaware that there were 'check-boxes' against the grey arrows next to the listed Ethernet drivers. Followed the tips on the following URL (sound was not working either):

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...d-asus-x58-sabertooth-mavericks-10-9-0-a.html

Drivers currently installing. Hopefully this has fixed the issue(s).

Fixed :).

I have the same motherboard and same issue with no ethernet. Did you resolve your issue? I tried both realtek drivers but still the same issue.

I have the same motherboard and same issue with no ethernet. Did you resolve your issue? I tried both realtek drivers but still the same issue.

Hi, Apologies for not having responded sooner. I'd selected one of the Realtek drivers on Multibeast and that seemed to cure the lack of Ethernet.

Yosemite seems to be running quite well but I've noticed Finder isn't working anymore (was working but isn't any longer). A pain really as have downloaded Apps such as Dropbox and want to install them but cannot locate them because Finder isn't working. Guess need to open another thread on this subject. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the realtek drivers and yosemite still wont detect my ethernet port. No sound either.

Anybody else have any ideas to solve this?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back