Contribute
Register

No entry sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I check this? Where would it tell me if it's emulated or native?

It doesn't tell you anywhere, you have to test.

Here's a great way to do this:

Some motherboards "natively" can do this, others need us to install an emulation layer to achieve the same results. NVRAM stands for Non-Volatile-Read-Only-Memory and means variables, like GPU driver settings, can get "remembered" by the system between boot cycles.

:)

It doesn't tell you anywhere, you have to test.

Here's a great way to do this:

Some motherboards "natively" can do this, others need us to install an emulation layer to achieve the same results. NVRAM stands for Non-Volatile-Read-Only-Memory and means variables, like GPU driver settings, can get "remembered" by the system between boot cycles.

Thanks. So I've tested and it came back as positive (as in my NVRAM is working). So what does that mean? Is that a good or bad thing? Where do I go from this point?

Thanks. So I've tested and it came back as positive (as in my NVRAM is working). So what does that mean? Is that a good or bad thing? Where do I go from this point?

Well the latest problem was the CUDA driver saying it could not detect a GPU.

Check "About this Mac" from the Apple menu and see what it states for your graphics. If NVRAM is working, the correct, matching Nvidia Web Drivers are installed for the macoOS version you have and the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts are installed then you should see sometihing like: "Geforce GTX 1070 4GB".

Let us know :)

Well the latest problem was the CUDA driver saying it could not detect a GPU.

Check "About this Mac" from the Apple menu and see what it states for your graphics. If NVRAM is working, the correct, matching Nvidia Web Drivers are installed for the macoOS version you have and the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts are installed then you should see sometihing like: "Geforce GTX 1070 4GB".

Let us know :)
Not matching... very strange. I've the up to date drivers... let me try reinstalling a few of those kexts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 15.11.22.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 15.11.22.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 55
Not matching... very strange. I've the up to date drivers... let me try reinstalling a few of those kexts.

Click your mouse on the macOS version in About this Mac. Some extra letters will appear. Go to our Nvidia Downloads menu and match the correct driver to that code.

Click your mouse on the macOS version in About this Mac. Some extra letters will appear. Go to our Nvidia Downloads menu and match the correct driver to that code.

I've had a look and there's a 17G65... no 66 though (that I can see).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 16.05.08.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 16.05.08.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 46
Search for 17G66.

Or use this script :

I've had a look and there's a 17G65... no 66 though (that I can see).

Yep, that's a known problem.

You need to update High Sierra with one of the Security Updates to get past that build point, and so reach a newer one for which drivers do exist. 17G3025 + etc.

I would not expect your High Sierra installer to be at 17G66 for a fresh install as it is not generally available, only as an upgrade. Where did you get it?

Search for 17G66.

Or use this script :
I did use this, that's how I got the Web Driver installed on my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back