Contribute
Register

No entry sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much, this really helped, the hackintosh is now up and running well, only problem is now trying to get my graphics configured correctly. I have NVIDIA CUDA and Web Driver and I've got this error. I'm also getting graphical glitches and strange things going on with the screen occasionally which I cannot fix... any thing you could suggest?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 17.34.48.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 17.34.48.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 48
Following kristof.petho’s build, he attached a 2nd config.plist for using an nvidia dGPU. Did you make sure to switch your config.plist’s?

Thank you so much, this really helped, the hackintosh is now up and running well, only problem is now trying to get my graphics configured correctly. I have NVIDIA CUDA and Web Driver and I've got this error. I'm also getting graphical glitches and strange things going on with the screen occasionally which I cannot fix... any thing you could suggest?

Following kristof.petho’s build, he attached a 2nd config.plist for using an nvidia dGPU. Did you make sure to switch your config.plist’s?
Yes I did, I'm using this config.plist but nothing changed.

Maybe post your EFI so we can take a look. Make a copy of your EFI onto your desktop then delete the serials in your SMBIOS of your copied config.plist, compress the copy and attach it to your post.

Are you using the kexts he attached to his post or are you using the newer versions? Maybe there is an incompatibility with the newer versions and the Nvidia drivers

Just looking through kristof's kexts and config.plist, he isn't using WEG. Maybe try WEG? If you look further down kristof's thread, geniium was able to get his Nvidia card working using a few kexts:

Yes I did, I'm using this config.plist but nothing changed.

Maybe post your EFI so we can take a look. Make a copy of your EFI onto your desktop then delete the serials in your SMBIOS of your copied config.plist, compress the copy and attach it to your post.

Are you using the kexts he attached to his post or are you using the newer versions? Maybe there is an incompatibility with the newer versions and the Nvidia drivers
I'm pretty sure I'm using the kexts on his thread. I don't remember installing any newer versions of those specific kexts...

Here's my EFI also.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.8 MB · Views: 70
Just looking through kristof's kexts and config.plist, he isn't using WEG. Maybe try WEG? If you look further down kristof's thread, geniium was able to get his Nvidia card working using a few kexts:

I've had a look too, the kexts he references are all now a part of the "Whatevergreen.kext", which I've already got. Thank you though.

Hi there,

Perhaps check you have NVRAM either emulated or native on the motherboard. This will allow the NVidia web-drivers and CUDA to run. There does not appear to be any emulation installed according to your latest EFI upload.

Also, for correctness-sake:

FakeSMC.kext or VirtualSMC,kext, not both
apfs.efi or ApfsDriverLoader.efi, not both
AppleHDS.kext or VoodooHDA.kext, not both

:)

You probably have to play around with the Boot arguments.

Maybe try the other way around then, ie., instead of WEG, use the older kexts?

Here's a guide on getting the Nvidia drivers to work:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Good luck! It's been a while since I've had to get my Nvidia card to work, but it is possible!

I've had a look too, the kexts he references are all now a part of the "Whatevergreen.kext", which I've already got. Thank you though.

Hi there,

Perhaps check you have NVRAM either emulated or native on the motherboard. This will allow the NVidia web-drivers and CUDA to run. There does not appear to be any emulation installed according to your latest EFI upload.

Also, for correctness-sake:

FakeSMC.kext or VirtualSMC,kext, not both
apfs.efi or ApfsDriverLoader.efi, not both
AppleHDS.kext or VoodooHDA.kext, not both

:)
How do I check this? Where would it tell me if it's emulated or native?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back