Contribute
Register

No Display/USB after wake on 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ati 6870 Black Edition XFX

Full clean install, Brought only DSDT & SSDT

Confirmed same issue using Duckweed / 5 ports / Inject ATI

Due to others finding Inject doesn't fix this... have not attempted.

( Keyboard and Mouse - USB - Can wake system from sleep, but video does not return)

For those who can wake the computer but have not visuals, have you tried, after waking press: Ctrl+Shift+EjectCD? that would make the SCREEN ONLY sleep, then try hitting with the mouse or the keyboard and it could make the gfx react, it happened to me sometimes with my yosemite install on an Nvidia card, and that fixed the problem.
BTW I updated to El Capitan and I can't even wake the computer... I'm on Nvidia GTX780, it was working amazing on yosemite... I shouldn't upgrade this… Any suggestion?

Well I have it too on a GTX780… how do I fix that? D: :!:

I tried tons of stuff but none of them made any difference…
I updated to el capitan from yosemite, the system was running fine… but for some reason my install was on Legacy mode, so I isntalled UEFI mode and had to switch it all over, my windows install either, that went safe at least… the OSX hard drive stopped showing any image so I decided to do a clean install and after a clean install everything seems to work flawless but the wake from sleep function…

what could I test to make this work? I tried, wake from lan disable, enabling and disabling Cstates from BIOS, darkwake=0 =8 and others… a few "pmset" terminal commands, none of them are working…

it goes to sleep, the keyboard lock caps led doesn't lit, and when I click the mouse, this one lits but the computer doesn't react, and pressing the power button does nothing either…

I'd really like to fix the wake… I'd have the system better than ever if that works!

If needed, I'm on an ASROCK Z97 Extreme 3, Intel i7 4790K non OC yet, nvidia GTX780 from ASUS, the wireless card from TP-Link, a Firewire from Lacie which is old but very compatible with macs and hackintosh, and the bluetooth dongle…

Thank you.

yeah tried all those but when I hit the sleep button that fails as always…

can that be caused because I do put the computer on sleep manually? and I should just wait for it to go sleep for the tests?

Thanks

Could you elaborate a little more on your configuration?
Are you bridging radeons?
Is there a way for the wake to work with only one radeon..?

Setting primary graphics to onboard worked for me as well. (I am using an AMD HD7950 card) That was the only setting I needed to change to get sleep to work. But, as mentioned, the only problem is no display until the log in.

I have this problem with my Radeon HD7770 but haven't tested sleep since updating to 10.11.4. Will report back once I've tried it. Everything else with the card is working great.

Has anyone else found El Cap sleep success with this card?

[SUB]I can confirm that this issue still remains for me in 10.11.4. I tried booting with and without the graphics injector, using the shift+ctrl+eject shortcut and connecting via the DVI port on my HD 7770 instead of the HDMI, but still nothing... all display ports still dead after sleep [/SUB]:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back