Contribute
Register

No Display/USB after wake on 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem persists in 10.11.3.

Would like to confirm, that simply changing my HD 6870 to a used GTX 760 (and downloading the Nvidia web drivers), solved the waking from sleep issue for me.

I have set SMBIOS to iMac 14,2 as it gives better FPS in cinebench than Mac Pro 3,1. However, other than that, the Mac goes to sleep fine and wakes up fine.

I sold my 6870 for £45 and bought a GTX 760 for £65, so all in all not too bad.

I tried a 750 TI, sleep worked, but I could only get a fixed resolution of 1344 X 756, I have an apple display capable of 2560 x 1440 as well as multiple resolutions. I downloaded and tested with the new drivers and went through the setup procedure, but no luck. Are you able to get multiple resolutions for your monitor or is it fixed like I had?

I gave up and went back to Yosemite for now, I still have El Capitan on a second drive so I can switch back easily.

I think the Apple Developers are laughing. :(

I tried a 750 TI, sleep worked, but I could only get a fixed resolution of 1344 X 756, I have an apple display capable of 2560 x 1440 as well as multiple resolutions. I downloaded and tested with the new drivers and went through the setup procedure, but no luck. Are you able to get multiple resolutions for your monitor or is it fixed like I had?

I gave up and went back to Yosemite for now, I still have El Capitan on a second drive so I can switch back easily.

I think the Apple Developers are laughing. :(

Yup, I'm on 10.11.3 using the Nvidia Drivers and am running two 23" Full HD monitors at 1920x1080.

I'm using the 2 DVI ports if that helps.

I have the same problem in OSX 10.11.3 El Capitan with no wake after sleep however I have a GTX 750ti card not an AMD card - I have an ASRock H87M motherboard with Haswell Core i5. After it goes to sleep I have to do a hard reset by holding down the power button - nothing will wake it not even pressing the power button. Everything was working fine with Yosemite so I have gone back to 10.10.5 and reinstalled all my programs and files (note to self don't try to use Time Machine to restore an El Capitan backup to a Yosemite installation).

If this problem gets resolved in the future then I will look to upgrade from Yosemite again as it is fairly quick - it's just the downgrade that's a pain.

Updated 10.11.3 El Capitan and radeon awake without problems.
My configuration:
1. bios main onboard, and always active.
2. Secondary Radeon.

The start will be blind,, but I've had success with this configuration. As for the acceleration I unplugged the onboard, and perfect.
I restarted only plugged Radeon and wake up smoothly and acceleration ok. Only I had plugged during migration to El Capitan Yosemite the Onboard.
USB, sound, everything ok.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I just installed an EVGA GTX 970 instead of my old EVGA GTX 760.

It seems like this new video card broke my wake function. When the mac goes to sleep and I wake it up clicking the mouse or pressing a button on the keyboard, the display says: No Signal.

I am using Nvidia Web Drivers

It has been more than 2hrs that I tried to search the forum but couldn't figure out a solution.

I tried a couple of bootflags without success:
- darkwake=no, darkwake=0
- GraphicsEnabler=No

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Updated 10.11.3 El Capitan and radeon awake without problems.
My configuration:
1. bios main onboard, and always active.
2. Secondary Radeon.

The start will be blind,, but I've had success with this configuration. As for the acceleration I unplugged the onboard, and perfect.
I restarted only plugged Radeon and wake up smoothly and acceleration ok. Only I had plugged during migration to El Capitan Yosemite the Onboard.
USB, sound, everything ok.

Cheers

Could you elaborate a little more on your configuration?
Are you bridging radeons?
Is there a way for the wake to work with only one radeon..?

Could you elaborate a little more on your configuration?
Are you bridging radeons?
Is there a way for the wake to work with only one radeon..?

1. patched DSDT and Radeon onboard.
2. Native 10.10.5 to 10.11.3 actualization
3.boot clover: Inject Intel and Radeon patch conectors
The installation as I said, has been Nativa (not USB) using onboard as primary - Always Enable,, using a HDMI to VGA converter on the same monitor.
4. Finally install sound (see audio_clover.Command by TOLEDA).
5. Restart and active CsrACtive Config (0x00) and disconnect Intel HD3000, to avoid problems with the acceleration of the Radeon.

With these steps I have had success with hibernate and wake the Custommac.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2016-03-14 a las 1.29.53.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-03-14 a las 1.29.53.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 374
  • Captura de pantalla 2016-03-14 a las 1.32.56.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-03-14 a las 1.32.56.png
    303.3 KB · Views: 414
  • Captura de pantalla 2016-03-14 a las 1.31.56.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-03-14 a las 1.31.56.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 309
Status
Not open for further replies.