Contribute
Register

No Display/USB after wake on 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone confirm me that with "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25" it works?

I actually use more hibernation than sleep, as long as I can see all my work as I left it the day before it is ok!

I tried 2 times hibernating with this pmset setting and It wouldn't start afterwards (i had to force a "discard hibernation" (or something like this) from Clover). I might be missing something cause I read in this thread that hibernatemode 25 would be a working choice!

Any updates or progress here?
Also can anyone explain the post about using the integrated graphics first, I don't understand it

Thanks in advance,

Jan

Maybe anyone fix this trouble, i dont like to buy new card , just because of sleep, but i need sleep so much.
I think if guys cant fix this , i should buy Nvidia card better?

Tried everything, the only way to make sleep work is to enable intel graphics, and then sleep works. As mentioned earlier in the post, the disadvantage is that you will not see the boot screen or clover startup screens and will see life when the ElCapitan logon screen appears.

For those who can don't want to attach another monitor, a tip. Please use the unused hdmi / DVI / display port on your primary monitor to connect the onboard display output to the same monitor. Then, by toggling inputs on your primary monitor to the onboard output, you will be back in business on being able to see startup screens of the desktop and clover.

Something i have not been able to resolve, extremely sluggish mouse after waking up from sleep, but does work.

For z77 users, who have a HD4000 graphics and second monitor connected thru the onboard HDMI, please set screen resolution to 1920x1080 in the GUI section to avoid a garbled screen on the login screen. Otherwise, it will show up as 3 or 4 screens on the monitor.

Same issue.

I just upgraded from Mavericks to El Capitan. Everything works fine but my 6870 won't wake after sleep. It worked fine in Mavericks but never had Yosemite installed.

Injecting Intel doesn't help, injecting ATI only shows 1 of 2 of my displays.

Posting my results. It may help some or confuse matters even more:

Clover Clover_v2.3k_r3320_Legacy.pkg with El Capitan 10.11.1

GA X58A UD7 with XFX 6870 Mac Pro 4.1 Display WORKING after sleep.
GA X68AP D3 with MSI 6870 iMac 12,1 Display NOT WORKING after sleep.

Still trying.

Sorry my mistake. Should read

GA X58A UD7 with XFX 6870 Mac Pro 4.1 Display NOT WORKING after sleep.

So no confusion.

Last edited:
Display working = sleep works?
Because then I will try mac pro system definintion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back