Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you Toleda :) fix 2 sorted out my no sound after Wake from Sleep issue. I tried the Codec Commander fix but it was ineffective on my Z97X-UD5H-BK Rev 1.0.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else with this board has managed to address the issue with Codec Commander - the instructions were simple and it seemed straight forward but just did not work for me - hence if someone else has it working I will re-visit it again.

Motherboard
GA-H81M-HD2
CPU
Intel i5 4460
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Did a quick search and didnt see this mentioned anywhere but Ive always had sound when I wake from sleep, but it only lasts ~20 seconds before shutting off. So weird, could someone work backwards from that to figure it out?

Motherboard
motherboard make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 970
Guys, weird issue. Hoping someone can help.

I have no issues whatsoever after wake with sound. Works perfectly.

However, the only one thing that does not work is the auto detection of the front audio jacks.

With a fresh boot, whenever I plug in headphones through the front jack, it changes from 'internal speaker' to 'headphone'. But after waking from sleep it no longer detects and I can no longer use the front ports.

Any ideas guys?

Motherboard
ASUS Z87-Deluxe DUAL
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Motherboard
gbyte z97 hd3
CPU
i5 3.9 4690
Graphics
on board 4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I just finished my build, had the same no audio after sleep problem.. chose imac 14.1 profile instead of mac pro 3.1 like i always do.. now audio works after sleep. chose alc 887/88b current plus hda enable audio id:1.. I have a gigabyte z97 hd3

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
ASRock B560M itx/ac - OC 0.6.8
CPU
i3-10320
Graphics
GT710 - 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In case this helps others ...

Just to report that I have changed motherboard from the Gigabyte H97M-D3H to the Asus H97M-Plus and upgraded OS X to 10.10.3

In my previous posts (page 1, #4 and page 2, #11 of the thread) I explained how I only had to change two variables after I'd built the kext, the "1B" and a "2".

I ran the - ioreg | grep EngineOutput - Terminal command again and noted that the Codec address had changed from my previous "2" to "0".

I edited the info.plist inside the Codec Commander kext to reflect this and then re-installed it by deleting the original install and using KextBeast to put the new version back.

Sound after wake-from-sleep is now back again and working fine for the new motherboard.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.