- May 20, 2010
- Asus Maximus VII Impact
- Core i7-4770K
- RX 560 + HD4600
- , ,
- Classic Mac
- , ,
- Mobile Phone
Deprecated, see AppleHDA Realtek Audio
No Audio After Sleep/Wake - AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Fixes]
No onboard audio after wake occurs on some systems with 10.10 and newer and since 10.9.2 and newer. The problem was introduced in 10.9.2, ironically, when Apple tried to "fix" no audio after wake on native hardware (more information, see Details). For users that believe codec patching causes the problem, the patches do not modify a single line of code. Instead, the patches configure the codec to support AppleHDA requirements. The specific AppleHDA codec engine enabled is no longer actively supported and, at some point, may be removed. Resolution of this problem is not likely.
Note: Posts to this thread are limited to additional "no audio after wake" fixes. New fixes are added to this post upon verification. Posts describing the problem, requesting help or simply complaining will be removed.
- Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide] - Page 73
- credit: TimeWalker75a #721
- Releases · cliffom/appleHDAReset · GitHub
- credit: cliffom #92, Realtek ALC 892 No sound after sleep [10.9.2]
- No OnBoard Audio After Wake From Sleep?
- credit: shilohh
- Working sysdef, try
- imac14,2, credit: photo-bit, #44
- imac13,2, credit: kiu77 #54
- AppleHDA prior to Apple "fix" (select one method)
- Onboard audio substitutes
- No support, contact developers noted above.