Contribute
Register

No Audio After Sleep/Wake - AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Fixes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under El Capitan Public Beta, CodecCommander under directory of S/L/E will cause boot panic if clover boot flag of rootless=0 is chosen.

Under El Capitan Public Beta, CodecCommander under directory of S/L/E will cause boot panic if clover boot flag of rootless=0 is chosen.
Post #1,
Problem Reporting

1. No Support, contact developers

This codec-commander kext did NOT work for my 1150 on a Gigabyte mobo. I made my own guide for solving this before I found this thread. It eluded my somehow. I'll keep that one up however as the kext in my guide does work and this does not. At some point I wish we'd all collect this all into one post as it's a very troublesome thing to get fixed for some users.

Here is my guide for the 1150 in Gigabyte mobo's:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/170...1150-possibly-other-realteks.html#post1081032

ps: the reset hda stuff worked for me, but I felt it wasn't the best way to go.

I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 (ALC 898 Audio) running on El Capitan GM Seed and the MultiBeast 6.1.0 AppleHDA.kext fix worked for me.

To get it to work on El Capitan, I clicked on the Multibeast.pkg file and selected "Show Package Content". Under the resulting Resources folder, I found the AppleHDA-898.pkg file. With that file, I simply installed it like any other pkg file. If that doesn't work for some reason, you could also open an archive browser and find the kext payload/payload/applehda.kext folder.

Once that file was installed, I used Kext Wizard repair/rebuild caches 3-4 times.

Now I have audio working after the computer wakes from sleep.

Last edited:
You need to improve the CodeCommander.kext by RehabMan because I frequently meet the issue of no sound after waking from sleep despite I had already installed RehabMan's latest CodeCommander.kext into /S/L/E.

Tom

Dear Toleda,
I highly evaluate your input.
Though I still have an uneasy problem with the sound deterioration after sleep.
I also tried your audio_cloverALC method with my 1150 codec.
Everything is fine and I like the possibility to use vanilla kexts.
Could you please advise me some steps to locate the problem?
The problem began after upgrading from 10.10.4 to 10.10.5 and remains with 10.11 though I hoped it will evaporate somehow))
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back