Contribute
Register

[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said... Currently, I have no Nvidia hardware ...

I understand, you do not have Nvidia hardwares.

but i am sure you have Fans in your CPU Case, how do you get the RPM of fans ? any kext for that?

i have TG Fan Pro, i wanna allow TG Fan Pro to control the speed of the fan..

but i am sure you have Fans in your CPU Case, how do you get the RPM of fans ? any kext for that?

Different question from the one previously asked...

That would come from FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext, assuming your LPC device is supported.

Different question from the one previously asked...

That would come from FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext, assuming your LPC device is supported.
thank you, but may i know how to check if my device is supported?
are you talking about the motherboard or my NZXT RGB Aer fan?

thank you, but may i know how to check if my device is supported?
are you talking about the motherboard or my NZXT RGB Aer fan?

LPC is part of the motherboard chipset.
Try it and see.
Look at kernel logs.
Newer LPC devices have probably not been added to the kext...

LPC is part of the motherboard chipset.
Try it and see.
Look at kernel logs.
Newer LPC devices have probably not been added to the kext...

would i be unable to boot later if i installed LPC kext if it doesn't support ASUS maximus IX Formula?
i am afraid of having kernel panic and unable to boot.

any idea if it supports my mobo?

would i be unable to boot later if i installed LPC kext if it doesn't support ASUS maximus IX Formula?

It is not possible to predict the future.
You should plan for issues like that...

Note: Unlike other FakeSMC builds, the sensor kexts in my build can be blocked by safe boot (kernel flag -x).

Last edited:
@xxcesarioxx - I have a Maximus IX HERO and I get all kinds of nice sensor readings - fans included. I would suspect that if my board is supported, yours should be as well.

Another thing that I consider more an issue over a problem is that when I check on "About this Mac" window it recognizes my processor as a 3,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon. A few times it takes correctly as 3,5 Intel Core i5.

Anyone knows why this occurs? Can we fix this?

If I boot from my USB drive it shows Intel Core i5 (the real one!) but if I boot from my SSD it shows Quad-Core Intel Xeon.
I'm attaching both USB-config.plist and SSD-config.plist to help.

Could it be something related to SMBIOS? I had before iMac14,2 on my SSD, but with full information and it was also Quad-Core Intel Xeon.

Any one can help with this?

Thank you.

Attachments

• USB-config.plist
    4.1 KB · Views: 154
  • SSD-config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 246
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back