Contribute
Register

[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tonymacx86 Have you run this on your Z270 system? Are there any caveats to running the installer on a functioning Kaby Lake Hackintosh (other than deleting the Skylake spoof in the Clover config.plist)?

Probably don't want to bother with it- the SKL fixes and FakeCPUID work fine for 10.12.5- the release 10.12.6 will bring native Kaby Lake graphics support. At that point you can change your Clover configuration to the new KBL graphics and remove SKL FakeCPUID.

Probably don't want to bother with it- the SKL fixes and FakeCPUID work fine for 10.12.5- the release 10.12.6 will bring native Kaby Lake graphics support. At that point you can change your Clover configuration to the new KBL graphics and remove SKL FakeCPUID.

In my experience they are almost identical. Except that native Kabylake graphics fixed Metal support for me, no more hangs with Maps in satellite mode and a couple of games. That's it. Installing that special 10.12.5 release could be a hassle and likely to break the system if done "incorrectly". . Since almost nobody here cares about proper Metal support for their KabyLake , most should just wait for the 10.12.6 update

I manual install 10.12.5 (2073) update, use KBL 0x59120000 ig-platform-id, everything OK.

In 10.12.6 beta 3, native support KBL, use 0x59120000 ig-platform-id, work fine.

In 10.13b, result is rather different, attempt to load KBL kexts up to 50 times then system reboot, now use 0x193b0005 SKL id, work fine.

Thanks Tony! I'm going to give this a try as I have a Kaby on my build list and it's ready for a hack.

Added to Post 1:

EDIT: With WWDC Mac announcements, 10.12.6 will likely bring native CPU support for Kaby Lake. For those looking to experiment, there is a 10.12.5 update for 2017 iMacs which apparently contains kernel support. Otherwise Clover's FakeCPUID feature will support Kaby Lake.
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1921?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to mount a Kaby Lake / 200-series chipset build on macOS Sierra 10.12.5.
I built my USB drive using UniBeast 7.1.1 that was running on El Capitan but I used the macOS Sierra 10.12.5 app downloaded from the AppStore.

To not repeat myself I must say that my config is on my signature and profile.

After properly configured the BIOS, I boot from USB drive. In Clover options I spoofed my CPU ID to 0x0506E3 and start from USB. Then I got "prohibited signal". So I reboot and add "-v" option to Clover to look what happened faking CPU ID again and choosing again my USB drive. For my surprise it just boot correctly through all those messages and it shows the installation screen.

So I partitioned and erased my disk for the first time ever and proceed with the installation without problems. In the end of the installation it rebooted automatically. I fake the CPU ID again in Clover and now choose my new hard drive fresh installed. Then I got "prohibited signal" again. So I reboot and add "-v" option once.

I'm currently stuck at this point and the verbose give me two different messages that change from one to other in each reboot, but does not always alternate. First message ends the booting process and gives me the condition to reboot using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Other message freezes the PC completely and I need to hard reset using the button. These two message are attached to this post.

After these tries, I also already modified my config.plist inside the EFI partition of my USB drive with changes below to do not need to do on every reboot:
  • CPU ID spoofed to 0x0506E3 under /KernelAndKextPatches/FakeCPUID.
  • Intel Graphics ID spoofed to 0x19168086 under /Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX.
  • Added "-v" to /Boot/Arguments.
  • Added the 'Skylake Glitch Fix' (AAPL,GfxYTile) to /Devices/AddProperties.
  • Changed CSR to 0x67 (before, during install, was 0x3) under /RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig.

Along reading these 26 pages I read somethings that I need more help to find or even understand:
  • I should try with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, but where can I find the first one from secure source?
  • It is not good to use VBoxHfs-64.efi, but where I should find another from secure source? This driver was created by UniBeast!
  • It is not good to share configurations because serial number are included and maybe each person needs to have yours own serial. Where can I generate one for me?
  • My SMBIOS just contain a ProductName iMac14,2 with Trust=false. Should I change this?

I also attached my EFI folder of my USB Drive and my final words is that I'm trying to install with everything mounted.
I'll try right now to install without GPU while waiting for your help guys.
I post here if I get any progress or different screens.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1667.JPG
    IMG_1667.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1666.JPG
    IMG_1666.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 103
  • EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 94
I should try with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, but where can I find the first one from secure source?

Yes. It is in the Clover installer. The Clover installer is available on sourceforge.

Yes. It is in the Clover installer. The Clover installer is available on sourceforge.

I just downloaded from sourceforge, but it is a .pkg and I do not have Mac anymore :p

FYI, after I removed the GPU I got the same screens while rebooting. But in the fourth reboot the system boots. So I configured the macOS Sierra and everything works fine, except - of course - the full acceleration of my Intel HD 630. Then I ran the steps from post #1 and finally reboot, cheering on to work again. Well.. I had no success. The machine stuck again on these screens and do not boot anymore.

Can you attach the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi for me, please?

BTW, what is the difference between these two files? Why Clover now installs the "2" one? Why are you telling me to try the other? I'm just asking because I do not only want to solve my problem, I want to learn. I'm developer for about 20+ years that used MacBook Pro (since 5 years ago) that was unfortunately stolen.. and I'm trying to making a Hackintosh now.

Thank you.

I just downloaded from sourceforge, but it is a .pkg and I do not have Mac anymore :p

Clover is available in ISO format on sourceforge. Look around.

BTW, what is the difference between these two files?

Two different ways to accomplish the same thing.

Why Clover now installs the "2" one?

The Clover installer installs whichever you tell it to.

Why are you telling me to try the other?

Simple. If one doesn't work, try the other.

I'm just asking because I do not only want to solve my problem, I want to learn. I'm developer for about 20+ years that used MacBook Pro (since 5 years ago) that was unfortunately stolen.. and I'm trying to making a Hackintosh now.

If you're wondering what the difference is between them.... Clover source is available...

@tembra It - and other drivers - can also be found in the "Install Drivers" pane in the very useful Clover Configurator app. http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/

Thank you man. I didn't realize that. Although I'm yet without internet connection on my hackintosh.

Clover is available in ISO format on sourceforge. Look around.

Yes. I saw but didn't download until you said. Thank you for the other answers.

During the process I also discover another driver OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi from Nick Woodhams and I tried both OsxAptioFixDrv and this one. I tested each one and both works booting my hackintosh from USB drive! I already boot many times and I'm not experiencing any errors related with these drivers. So I choose to go with OsxAptioFixDrv because it is from Clover Installer.

However after I pasted OsxAptioFixDrv on my SSD EFI partition that has Clover already configured with steps from post #1, the system do not boot. By the messages I guess that it is a problem related with iGPU Intel HD 630. The screen is attached on this post and also my config.plist.

Probably I missed some configuration or need to make a new one?
I just reviewed three times and everything seems to be ok.

Can you guys help me with this new problem? And I hope I did not get a new one later when plug the GTX 1070.
Thank you again!

Attachments

• IMG_1670.JPG
    IMG_1670.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 233
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back