Contribute
Register

[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
However after I pasted OsxAptioFixDrv on my SSD EFI partition that has Clover already configured with steps from post #1, the system do not boot. By the messages I guess that it is a problem related with iGPU Intel HD 630. The screen is attached on this post and also my config.plist.

10.12.5 and forgot Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext?

10.12.5 and forgot Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext?

I had read the tonymacx86 post and also had put these kexts on /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.
Anyway, I check it again and install these kexts again. Now it boot and I get full acceleration.
After getting full acceleration I get two new issues:
  • I lost my ultrawide resolution (2560x1080) from LG 25UM58-P and need to solve it with mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2.
  • In "About this Mac" window my graphics card is now listed as "Intel Unknown 1536 MB" while before was "Intel HD 630 GT2 4MB", do you know why and how to solve this one?
---

Another problem that I'm experiencing is that audio is not recognized. I have no input/output device listed. My motherboard has Realtek ALC892 and I used MultiBeast to install the support for it but it do not work. The realtekALC.kext was installed to /Library/Extensions/, the patches for AppleHDA.kext are on Clover, I only do not know if specific zlib files was added into AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources because I can not notice a recent modified file.

So anyone can help with the audio problem?

---

Another thing that I consider more an issue over a problem is that when I check on "About this Mac" window it recognizes my processor as a 3,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon. A few times it takes correctly as 3,5 Intel Core i5.

Anyone knows why this occurs? Can we fix this?

---

Finally I just want to share here that while I was waiting for this answer I also try to use my GTX 1070 and I was able to use it with full acceleration after installing the last nVIDIA Web Drivers from tonymacx86 downloads section and also after adding EmuVariableUefi-64.efi driver to Clover on my SSD EFI partition, because my motherboard does not support NVRAM. Finally I also checked the NvidiaWeb option under System Parameters on Clover. These settings worked like a charm and even detects the ultrawide resolution (2560x1080) without any patch or configuration.

Another thing about my configuration is that I use 2400MHz memory. To make it work I had to flash/update my motherboard BIOS to the last one from MSI to properly activate the XMP on my motherboard (before flashing/updating the BIOS I was able to activate the XMP but the BIOS was not recognizing the OC frequency). Finally I also checked the XMPDetection=Yes under Boot on Clover.

Last edited:
I think Imac 2017 are based on z170 and not on z270. that's why on z270 mobo, on about this Mac-system report-sata it gives you generic controller instead of "intel 20 series" for example (10.12.6 pb3)

Attachments

• Schermata 2017-06-16 alle 22.00.44.png
    Schermata 2017-06-16 alle 22.00.44.png
    143 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
I think Imac 2017 are based on z170 and not on z270. that's why on z270 mobo, on about this Mac-system report-sata it gives you generic controller instead of "intel 20 series" for example (10.12.6 pb3)
Hi,
I'm going to update to a Z270(X-UD5) with i7-7700K....
How did you get the 10.12.6 pb? I've enrolled my MacBook Pro, but I didn't received anything.........
Do the 10.12.6 have KabyLake support?
And I sould use"old" HFS+ or new AFPS?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm going to update to a Z270(X-UD5) with i7-7700K....
How did you get the 10.12.6 pb? I've enrolled my MacBook Pro, but I didn't received anything.........
Do the 10.12.6 have KabyLake support?
And I sould use"old" HFS+ or new AFPS?
Thanks

new AFPS will be used on high Sierra 10.13
10.12.6 pb3 has native kaby lake support.
simply followed apple instructions to receive the public beta 3 update

Another problem that I'm experiencing is that audio is not recognized. I have no input/output device listed. My motherboard has Realtek ALC892 and I used MultiBeast to install the support for it but it do not work. The realtekALC.kext was installed to /Library/Extensions/, the patches for AppleHDA.kext are on Clover, I only do not know if specific zlib files was added into AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources because I can not notice a recent modified file.

So anyone can help with the audio problem?

Just to share with you that I solve this problem following these steps:
  • You must have SIP disabled (in Clover under /RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig. Must be 0x3 or 0x67, mine is 0x67)
  • With MultiBeast install Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALCxxx/100 Series Audio (even that my mobo is 200 Series) to rename HDAS to HDEF. Restart.
  • With MultiBeast install Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALCxxx/ALC892 (that is of my mobo) to install realtekALC.kext, patch AppleHDA.kext and configure Clover. Restart.
  • With KextBeast install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext from RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID / Downloads under /Library/Extensions. Restart.
Your sound should work now!

All these steps have come from the awesome guide Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide] and all the links inside the post like Before You Install Audio (post #1 and #2), No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA and No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA.

If you are having trouble just read calmly the first guide and follow the links, so you'll find the solution!

---

Another easy problem that I solved is about my network Intel I219-V.

I just installed with KextBeast the IntelMausiEthernet.kext from RehabMan/OSX-Intel-Network / Downloads under /Library/Extensions and everything works even without restart. But I always recommend to restart.

Last edited:
I found it! I went to the disk utility and formated it (thanks @scottynl )I manage to install Sierra and do the Post installation with Multibeast (followed this guide) but after restarting the computer it won't boot from the Sierra HD... It end up with the cirkel and a cross.

I have a Intel 600p Series M.2 2280 SSD 512GB BTW. I will try to fix it tomorrow and can upload my files if you are interested. Thanks everyone for being so helpful!
Did you ever figure out which drivers / aptio fix you needed for your board? I'm building one based on this motherboard, too. My parts are in the mail.

I updated it very recently to current code from kozlek's fork, mainly for KabyLake support in CPUSensors.
I do not know if it has proper support for Nvidia 1000-series.
There have been no further updates on kozlek's master branch.

You should check the commit logs and kozlek's issues database.

hi @RehabMan

i would like to know if there is any updates on the fakeSMC supporting 1080 GPU Pascal fans ?

in the mean time, my hackintosh can't read cpu temp and gpu temp.

any idea if your fakeSMC is workable in 10.12.5 sierra?

hi @RehabMan

i would like to know if there is any updates on the fakeSMC supporting 1080 GPU Pascal fans ?

in the mean time, my hackintosh can't read cpu temp and gpu temp.

any idea if your fakeSMC is workable in 10.12.5 sierra?

I use my FakeSMC.kext in 10.12.5 and beyond. I currently have no Nvidia hardware...
CPU temp requires FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext.

I use my FakeSMC.kext in 10.12.5 and beyond. I currently have no Nvidia hardware...
CPU temp requires FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext.
yes i manage to get the temperature readings now of CPU but what about Fans ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back