Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
@UtterDisbelief, thank you for your fast reply. It's a good suggestion. I have download the last patch that have the nvidia driver and installed ( 17G12034 ). Some 3 reboots to get all installed and then.... nothing.. :( the same.

I have tried another thing. Disabled the Zotac and enable the Intel Graphic. Disabled the Inject Nvidia, enable Inject Intel and the results are the same. I can't remove the nv_disable=1 without reboot at the starting screen.

It seens it's something more else. Have no clue.

Obs.: If it's showing the Zotac into the mac graphics info, and all the memory of the card, it's the card recognized? Or it's but not with hardware acceleration and working in VESA mode?

Thanks again.

Hi there.

In your original post it was the problem that you didn't seem to have full hardware acceleration of the GPU. The later version with matching Nvidia web-drivers should cure that.

If they have not, then check the Nvidia System Preferences pane to see if display drivers are defaulting to Nvidia or macOS.

It may be you need to confirm you have working NVRAM emulation. Is there only 7mb video memory showing in System Report ?

(I am sticking with the Zotac here, not Intel).

:)

Hi there.

In your original post it was the problem that you didn't seem to have full hardware acceleration of the GPU. The later version with matching Nvidia web-drivers should cure that.

If they have not, then check the Nvidia System Preferences pane to see if display drivers are defaulting to Nvidia or macOS.

It may be you need to confirm you have working NVRAM emulation. Is there only 7mb video memory showing in System Report ?

(I am sticking with the Zotac here, not Intel).

kkk ok.
Yes, it's using Nvidia WebDrivers and it's showing Zotac GeForce GTX 950 2048 MB. And I checked the NVRAM, it's working too.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-04-12 at 12.50.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-12 at 12.50.34.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 121
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-04-12 at 12.50.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-12 at 12.50.35.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 118
kkk ok.
Yes, it's using Nvidia WebDrivers and it's showing Zotac GeForce GTX 950 2048 MB. And I checked the NVRAM, it's working too.

Okay, the GPU and new drivers are installed properly and working :thumbup:

Whatever the problem is now, it is not the one from your original post, so please explain more so we can understand what the issue is that you are having.

Okay, the GPU and new drivers are installed properly and working :thumbup:

Whatever the problem is now, it is not the one from your original post, so please explain more so we can understand what the issue is that you are having.

omg. rsrs
So all the screens and apps is flickering, and the login page too.
Login page, Chrome, Itunes.
And this is working without remove the nv_disable=1. If I remove it doesn't boot.

Here is a video of what is happening.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2020-04-12 at 13.02.09.mp4.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 114
And this is working without remove the nv_disable=1. If I remove it doesn't boot.
The drivers cannot work if you disable them.
Boot normally in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

It doesn't stop, it's right before this screen. It reboots again.

IOConsoleUsers: ...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-04-12 at 16.19.16.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-12 at 16.19.16.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 117
Ok, solved. :headbang::banghead:

It's something with the mft monitor. I changed the monitor to another old that I have here and it worked!

Thank you so much guys. And thank you for your time too.

If there is something that I can help let me know.

#stayhome.

Would this work for making a GTX 960 work in Big Sur? Or at least Catalina?

Would this work for making a GTX 960 work in Big Sur? Or at least Catalina?

Hi there.

Sadly, no. You may get output but with no hardware acceleration.

Hi there.

Sadly, no. You may get output but with no hardware acceleration.

I've tried gtx 960 4gb on high sierra and didn't work (with nvidia web drivers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back