Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion dv6
CPU
i7
Graphics
GT 630M+HD 3000
Hello,

I have a working Yosemite hackintosh on my external drive, and Windows 8 on my internal storage on my HP pavilion dv6 laptop. But i wanted to join them both in my internal storage so i can dual boot Windows 10 later on and Yosemite (preferably El Capitan when it releases), for more practicality and better performance. I'm thinking about a 1.5TB 2.5" HDD. Do you recommend any ? I thought about the Samsung Spinpoint M9T 1.5TB

Processor : Intel Core i7 2670QM Sandy Bridge
Motherboard Model : 181B
BIOS : Insyde (version F.09)
Memory : 8GB RAM
GPU : Intel HD Graphics 3000, and nVidia GEFORE GT 630M 2GB

Edit : I currently have the
Hitachi HTS547575A9E384

Hello,

I have a working Yosemite hackintosh on my external drive, and Windows 8 on my internal storage on my HP pavilion dv6 laptop. But i wanted to join them both in my internal storage so i can dual boot Windows 10 later on and Yosemite (preferably El Capitan when it releases), for more practicality and better performance. I'm thinking about a 1.5TB 2.5" HDD. Do you recommend any ? I thought about the Samsung Spinpoint M9T 1.5TB

Processor : Intel Core i7 2670QM Sandy Bridge
Motherboard Model : 181B
BIOS : Insyde (version F.09)
Memory : 8GB RAM
GPU : Intel HD Graphics 3000, and nVidia GEFORE GT 630M 2GB

Edit : I currently have the
Hitachi HTS547575A9E384

Normally I would strongly encourage you to go for an SSD if you can, but I can see your dilemma; you want to consolidate two OS's onto one larger drive, and larger SSDs are still pricey. Maybe consider a hybrid HDD (has some solid state storage onboard a conventional hard drive for caching, gives you some of the benefits of an SSD for not so much money)?

Before you make the decision to purchase a large HDD and install OS X on the same drive you might want to take a look at http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html for possible future bobbles in your plans. There are several guides available in the laptop forum for dual boot installations on different models of laptops and netbooks.

For a HDD, I have always had good luck with Hitachi (Now WD owned HGST) TravelPro laptop drives. I know they make a 1TB, but not sure of anything bigger.

Before you make the decision to purchase a large HDD and install OS X on the same drive you might want to take a look at http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html for possible future bobbles in your plans. There are several guides available in the laptop forum for dual boot installations on different models of laptops and netbooks.

For a HDD, I have always had good luck with Hitachi (Now WD owned HGST) TravelPro laptop drives. I know they make a 1TB, but not sure of anything bigger.

This guide is for an HP ProBook. Mine is a pavilion-dv6

This guide is for an HP ProBook. Mine is a pavilion-dv6

An HP is an HP is an HP. If you can install on one then chances are the guide will work on another with similar specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back