Contribute
Register

New Hackintosh Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second log you posted gives away some indicators. There is a USB3.0 Hub, possibly external, trying to draw more power than is available. Monitor hub connection maybe ?

There is no SSDT installed which you really should have. This impacts on CPU power management, and it may be having a knock-on effect.

You have at least 1 NTFS drive (Or partition) and the NTFS log files are either old or corrupt.

Part way down the log it shows :

'1/04/2015 7:48:25.354 pm WiFiAgent[229]: No Wi-Fi hardware, terminating WiFiAgent'

This suggests there could well be a wifi configuration issue.

It also mentions a wacom touch driver/tablet device of some kind, which is failing to load correctly.

The google software update for whatever you have installed appears to be giving your system quite a hammering.

Where did you download your OSX from ? And which guide did you use to install ?

Damn, that's a lot of issues.
Yes My monitor has 2 usb3 ports that connects to the mobo. I usually plug my external usb3.0 WD 2TB HDD into that. I am using a Wacom tablet with drivers for osx 10.8 as they are the newest available. I am running my os on the SSD but yes, the User documents are running on a 7200rpm sata HDD (WD) and I have installed windows 8 on another 5400rpm SATA Drive which I'm not planning to keep as it runs terribly slow! (installed after osx). As for the google software I've installed Picasa and Chrome, that's it so far.

And as for the SSDT, I might be wrong but my research suggested that my Mobo doesn't require SSDT.

For the WiFi issue, I guess it could just be the TP-Link usb adapter not being fully compatible.

I downloaded OSX directly from the app store on my macbook pro so it is completely legit.

I used the official "How to Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover" post on this site. I do remember fiddling with some clover settings in my install though.

What do you recommend I do? I don't mind going through a clean wipe and install.

Damn, that's a lot of issues.
Yes My monitor has 2 usb3 ports that connects to the mobo. I usually plug my external usb3.0 WD 2TB HDD into that. I am using a Wacom tablet with drivers for osx 10.8 as they are the newest available. I am running my os on the SSD but yes, the User documents are running on a 7200rpm sata HDD (WD) and I have installed windows 8 on another 5400rpm SATA Drive which I'm not planning to keep as it runs terribly slow! (installed after osx). As for the google software I've installed Picasa and Chrome, that's it so far.

And as for the SSDT, I might be wrong but my research suggested that my Mobo doesn't require SSDT.

For the WiFi issue, I guess it could just be the TP-Link usb adapter not being fully compatible.

I downloaded OSX directly from the app store on my macbook pro so it is completely legit.

I used the official "How to Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover" post on this site. I do remember fiddling with some clover settings in my install though.

What do you recommend I do? I don't mind going through a clean wipe and install.

Its the DSDT that you potentially dont need, the SSDT is needed to correctly identify the CPU and provide CPU power management.

If I was you, I would strip out the system entirely and go right back to basics. A single SSD on which to install OSX and nothing else. No exotic hardware, disconnect the monitor hubs, remove the wifi card. Start with the absolute basic and minimum hardware needed, then get OSX installed. After that, spend some time getting it correctly setup and configured.

Once this is all done, start connecting and configuring your other hardware one at a time. Each piece of hardware you add, check your system logs, test the sleep/wake stuff and make sure everything works as expected. If it does work, move onto the next hardware. If not, then at least you will have identified exactly what is causing you issues, and you can leave it out and go on to the next hardware.

Using this process of elimination will be good for your setup I think.

As for the Wacom drivers, there have been a lot of changes in OSX between 10.8 and 10.10. Have Wacom recommended you continue to use old drivers/kexts ?

Its the DSDT that you potentially dont need, the SSDT is needed to correctly identify the CPU and provide CPU power management.

If I was you, I would strip out the system entirely and go right back to basics. A single SSD on which to install OSX and nothing else. No exotic hardware, disconnect the monitor hubs, remove the wifi card. Start with the absolute basic and minimum hardware needed, then get OSX installed. After that, spend some time getting it correctly setup and configured.

Once this is all done, start connecting and configuring your other hardware one at a time. Each piece of hardware you add, check your system logs, test the sleep/wake stuff and make sure everything works as expected. If it does work, move onto the next hardware. If not, then at least you will have identified exactly what is causing you issues, and you can leave it out and go on to the next hardware.

Using this process of elimination will be good for your setup I think.

As for the Wacom drivers, there have been a lot of changes in OSX between 10.8 and 10.10. Have Wacom recommended you continue to use old drivers/kexts ?

Thanks I will begin this now. Wacom have not recommended it, I simply needed to use it and tried using the latest drivers which happened to be for 10.8, they seemed to work but I guess it's not as easy as that.

After clean install do you mind checking over my system log file again, just to confirm that my initial setup is all good?

As for the SSDT, I found pre-made SSDT for my CPU by girl introverted. Would it be safe to just use this?

Thanks I will begin this now. Wacom have not recommended it, I simply needed to use it and tried using the latest drivers which happened to be for 10.8, they seemed to work but I guess it's not as easy as that.

After clean install do you mind checking over my system log file again, just to confirm that my initial setup is all good?

As for the SSDT, I found pre-made SSDT for my CPU by girl introverted. Would it be safe to just use this?

You can make your own fresh clean SSDT which would leave you in no doubt that it is correct for your system.

You should detail the setup method you are using and anything unexpected that happens during the process. Trawling system logs is a long and tedious process.

About This Mac, System Prefs and System Report will generally give you a good first indication as to how well things are working, with a follow up in the system logs if needed.

Could you recommend the best way to create an SSDT? I found MaciASL but it seems to only be available for Lion and Mountain Lion...Not only that, but inside the tool I have no clue what to do!

Could you recommend the best way to create an SSDT? I found MaciASL but it seems to only be available for Lion and Mountain Lion...Not only that, but inside the tool I have no clue what to do!

A quick forum search reveals the answer.

In that thread you will find how to do it yourself and the necessary tools.

MacIASL is valid for Yosemite as well, as is the linked thread above.

Thanks. Am currently installing with the SSDT. I came across some posts that mentioned SSDT is not needed when using clover on a UEFI motherboard. Just wanted to run that by you. So am I correct in thinking that it will run fine without SSDT but will likely run better with one?

Hey WonkeyDonkey,

I have freshly re-installed my hackintosh and used an ssdt this time (I'm don't know if the ssdt is doing anything but boot time seems a little faster). But I've already got a bunch of bad looking messages in the console. Could you please take a look and help me correct these problems before moving on?

I installed it following the 'How to Install OS X Using Clover' guide step by step.

Cheers

Attachments

• Console fresh boot.pdf
    131.7 KB · Views: 216
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back