Gigabyte R9-280X
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I could really use some help here!

I got my hackintosh up and running with what seemed like no issues a couple days ago, haven't used it a lot yet but I noticed it started crashing today; it crashes, restarts and pops up with an error report. I can't figure out what's causing it...although it hasn't happened at all while I've actually been using the computer, could this point to a problem with display/computer going to sleep?

I've recently installed security update 2015-003, Adobe CS6 Suite, Wacom Intuos Pro driver, TP-Link WiFi USB adapter and a USB Bluetooth 4.0 dongle. ALL appear to be working 100%.

I'm not skilled enough to analyse the report so I would be grateful if somebody could take a look for me!
Thanks

Attachments

• error report.pdf
    178 KB · Views: 281
Well at the very top of the report it mentions sleep wake failure, so thats your obvious starting point.

Check in to System Prefs -> Energy Saver to see what is setup there.

Also, using Terminal.app, type in 'pmset -g' and look at the putput for clues.

Well at the very top of the report it mentions sleep wake failure, so thats your obvious starting point.

Check in to System Prefs -> Energy Saver to see what is setup there.

Also, using Terminal.app, type in 'pmset -g' and look at the putput for clues.

Thanks, so I don't really know what to look for in Power Saver options but I have it configured to display sleep at 5mins, Computer sleep at 15 mins. Hard Disk Sleep and Wake for Ethernet both on.

here is what came from pmset -g:

Active Profiles:
AC Power -1*
Currently in use:
hibernatemode 0
womp 1
networkoversleep 0
sleep 15
Sleep On Power Button 1
ttyskeepawake 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
disksleep 10
displaysleep 5

Well you could start by switching all the power options off then leave it to sit idle for a while. It may help you narrow things down a bit.

Left the machine on for a long time, even ran memtest which went fine. No crashes or freezes. ALL OK.

So I tried with Display Sleep ON and Computer Sleep NEVER. Display Sleep works completely fine.
I then tried Display Sleep NEVER and Computer Sleep ON (a setting which I can't seem to reproduce?), the computer seems to attempt to sleep, usb devices lose power, no display, but computer stays on and requires restart. The same happened with both settings set for same time.

If I remember correctly, Computer Sleep was working on my fresh install. And I cannot say why, but now there is no crash and restart like there was when Computer sleep was set for a longer duration such as >15mins.

If necessary I can live without the Computer Sleep function but it would be great if I could get it working! Any more advice?

You have many issues.

Now you need to start following the site rules by completing the hardware in your user profile and also listing your hardware here on the thread. Be verbose. List everything, and I do mean everything.

Sure thing. What have I missed in my profile? I thought I'd put everything there.
I'll try my best to list everything here. Please let me know if I miss anything below.

Hardware:
- Motherboard - Gigabyte Z97-D3H (bios version F7)
- CPU - Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz
- GPU - Gigabyte r9 280X 3072mb DDR5 (installed in PCIe x16)
- PSU - Corsair TX650
- RAM - Kingston 4GB DDR3 1333MHz (x2)
- Storage - Samsung SSD 840 Pro Series 128GB

Attached Hardware:
- Monitor - BenQ BL2710
- USB WiFi- TP-LINK TL-WN822N
- USB Bluetooth Dongle - Bluetooth version 2.0 Dongle (don't know the details)
- old dell wired mouse
- Apple wired keyboard
- Apple Magic Mouse (Original?)

Software:
- OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite with Security Update 2015-003 installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back