Contribute
Register

New Hackintosh build - few questions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving up to an I7 would cost you at least another 60 pounds. With the hyperthreading you would
get better rendering times and slightly better application performance. I use an I5-4440 and it
seems to be able to do everything fast enough for my needs. Comes down to whether time or
money is more important to you.

i do promotional videos for night clubs 5 nights a week and i have to have the videos ready by the next night so speed is a big thing for me, if the i5 performs well enough then i guess its a good buy? or should i go to the low end i7

i do promotional videos for night clubs 5 nights a week and i have to have the videos ready by the next night so speed is a big thing for me, if the i5 performs well enough then i guess its a good buy? or should i go to the low end i7

If you've got the room in your budget get the I7-4771 or the 4770K whichever you can get the
best deal on.

If you've got the room in your budget get the I7-4771 or the 4770K whichever you can get the
best deal on.
/
ill try get the 4470k as it can be over clocked i heard safely to around 4.5ghz? does my board support oc?

/
ill try get the 4470k as it can be over clocked i heard safely to around 4.5ghz? does my board support oc?

Yes, it does. If you do OC just do something more modest like 4.2 and your cpu will last longer.
You'd also need a 3rd party cpu cooler to do that. Stock Intel is no good for OC'ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back