Contribute
Register

New Gigabyte Z370N - no more WiFi support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same interest on this motherbaord, from Tom's Hardware we can see the 2 screws.
Now let's see who is the brave soul that will get the board and try.
2017-12-14_15-31-59.png

Last edited:
A member here has a build using the board and he managed to replace the card.
See here

Last edited:
I have this board and I can confirm that the WiFi card is removable and can be replaced by another NGFF WiFi card. I'm getting the BCM94352Z tomorrow and will finish setting up.

I have this board and I can confirm that the WiFi card is removable and can be replaced by another NGFF WiFi card. I'm getting the BCM94352Z tomorrow and will finish setting up.
Hi there! So have you been successfull in replacing the Wi-Fi card? Is everything OK?

Did you get this working?

I have the z370n wifi. The wireless card is a module. I swapped mine out for a broadcom chip (BCM94352Z) and it is working. Bluetooth had hiccups but I think it is ok now (a matter of finding the right kernel extensions).

I went for an Intel i3-8100 CPU. Video acceleration is working.

Overall happy. My issue now is USB-C and getting BIOS to see the new Crucial MX300 525gb 2280SS NVMe M.2 memory I just attached.

Last edited:
These motherboards with WiFi seem all the same. 2 screws and off with the m2 card. Waiting for some Dell cards from China Takes ages and will post back. I am replacing bt/WIFI on h270n-wifi and asrock intility z370.

###UPDATE###
I got these cards and ok, they were cheap. But what a pain to get them to work. Wifi is working now on full speed (AC) after good help from @YoshiMac (man that guy is nice!) discussed here but still struggling with bluetooth.
Next time I will just try to cram in a original Apple card and M.2 adapter. But of course to learn something new is not a bad thing :)

Last edited:
I just got these from Aliexpress and they are 30mm totalt height.
I am installing these in a Gigabyte H270n-wifi where the height seems to not matter (no shield around the card) and a Asus Rog Maximus Fat1lity Z370 with the shield. I will report back over the weekend how they fit on both. I also got the NGFF adapter with a Macbook Air (I think) wifi/bt card installed. It is much taller. 45mm. That it s a big difference.
You see on the image that the card(Dell DW1820A) is exact size as the original Intel. I hope the broadcom card will do the job.

intel_broadcom.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back