Contribute
Register

New Gigabyte Z370N - no more WiFi support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the same setup as asus z170i, it is under the cover. You would have to unscrew and find what interface it has.
Also this board is not compatible with kaby/skylake cpu.

So you mean the wifi m.2 board do exists, and its not welded on the motherboard?

The Wifi card appears to be installed here:
Screen_Shot_7.jpg

Whether you can replace it you'd have to contact Gigabyte to find out. I'd think that
there must be some way to do that. Maybe not if there is no way to access it. It would
be a poor design choice if you can't replace it.

It is the same setup as asus z170i, it is under the cover. You would have to unscrew and find what interface it has.
Also this board is not compatible with kaby/skylake cpu.

The video from Gigabyte shows nothing installed in the M.2 slot under the heatsink.

Screen Shot 8.jpg

The Wifi card appears to be installed here:
View attachment 291468
Whether you can replace it you'd have to contact Gigabyte to find out. I'd think that
there must be some way to do that. Maybe not if there is no way to access it. It would
be a poor design choice if you can't replace it.

That's great, I'll try to e-mail gigabyte support to discover that. I'm not optimistic there is a m.2. card hidden there, but worth the try.

The video from Gigabyte shows nothing installed in the M.2 slot under the heatsink.

View attachment 291469

Of course there is nothing there. This is one of the free m.2. ports. The other one is exactly the other side of the board. We suspect its hidden on the steel shield pointed on the post above.

According to the Gigabyte Manual, it is an M.2 WiFi module. I think these are the spots where the M.2 WiFi module casing is secured. Can't tell if those are screws.

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 8.42.54 PM.png

If these Intel m.2 wifi cards are not replaceable Gigabyte has just lost a lot of sales of this motherboard. We'll have to wait until someone buys one and reports back.

aztlan is right and its official.
There is a m.2. wifi module hidden that area. Good news!

Not ordered yet, but I'm thinking in another option.. the asrock z370m-itx/ac.
It has the exact same compatibility specs with a more affordable price.

It also has the hidden m.2. intel module on the board, which is good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back