Graphics
GEFORCE GT 740
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm pretty new to this site, but i've been doing a fair amount of research and would like to build my own dual boot computer (hackintosh and windows). Below are the parts I am looking at using. I am on a bit of a budget, but feel free to question some items. I am mainly looking to find out if these parts will work on the hackintosh system

• Intel Core i5-4460 LGA 1150 CPU
  • Gigabyte LGA 1150 Intel Z97N
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600
  • Antec 350W ATX Mid Tower Case
  • Seagate 1TB Desktop HDD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive
  • Edimax Technology AC600 Wi-fi Dual Band High Gain USB Adapter

QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
  1. Will the processor have decent onboard graphics for image and video editing?
  2. Will everything run correctly on both Hackintosh and Windows?
  3. Have I made good choices for a budget about $650?

Hi, I'm pretty new to this site, but i've been doing a fair amount of research and would like to build my own dual boot computer (hackintosh and windows). Below are the parts I am looking at using. I am on a bit of a budget, but feel free to question some items. I am mainly looking to find out if these parts will work on the hackintosh system

• Intel Core i5-4460 LGA 1150 CPU
  • Gigabyte LGA 1150 Intel Z97N
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600
  • Antec 350W ATX Mid Tower Case
  • Seagate 1TB Desktop HDD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive
  • Edimax Technology AC600 Wi-fi Dual Band High Gain USB Adapter

QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
  1. Will the processor have decent onboard graphics for image and video editing?
  2. Will everything run correctly on both Hackintosh and Windows?
  3. Have I made good choices for a budget about $650?

This system should serve you well - the onboard HD 4600 graphics should be fine for light image and video editing. Since you're leaving the PCIe slot empty, you can always add a graphics card later if you decide you need one. The only thing I would add is an SSD - even if it's just 128GB, it's amazing how much that speeds up any machine. If you do add an SSD, my suggestion is to use it as the boot/apps drive for OS X, installing Windows on a partition (say about 300GB) of the HDD. Format the rest of the HDD with the VFAT filesystem so that both Windows and Mac OS X can access the data stored on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back