Contribute
Register

Need help with installation on B360 + i5-9500 + HD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, fresh install from today, and the start of this thread.
Actually using the NVMe drive as windows main, and i plugged a SATA 500Go HDD to try the install. It's fresh FAT32 formatted.
Boot order is USB > SATA > NVMe

Okay. You should disconnect your Windows drive before installing macOS. If you can't because it's NVMe then problems will follow. Can you disable the m.2 slot in BIOS?

Windows UEFI edition writes to the same EFI as is used to boot the machine.

Review your BIOS settings to ensure they are as required for a Hackintosh. Check the main guide.

Also do a search for "HP Prodesk 400" you will find many similar examples up and running. Here's one, a G4, that was fixed with the embedded controller:

Thank you for your response.

I can disable M2 slot in BIOS settings, i did it, still stuck in at the same point "RealtekRTL811.kext".

I checked BIOS settings, disabled virtualisation from day 1, but cannot be sure about AHCI as i do not seem to have an option for that.

Attachments

• 20200814_205325.jpg
    20200814_205325.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200814_205357.jpg
    20200814_205357.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 43
Ok i got something working !
Got passed the installation screen and completed Catalina Installation, so happy :)

Here's what i did :
- Quadruple checked BIOS config and tested to change "Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable" option (never tried before).
- Followed precisely this tutorial for bios settings
- Booted to Unibeast and passed a few steps further, then crash screen again. But i managed to see "Still waiting for root device" error, and i remembered this can be caused by using USB3 ports instead of USB2.
- Moved my USB stick to another (USB2 of course) port and booted again.
- Booted to install screen and installed Catalina on 500Go HDD

I'm still waiting for the installation to end, to see what's working and what doesn't, but i will certainly close this topic to open another in the post-install section !

Oh, and i will try to do so again but this time installing on NVMe disk.
and some times later => create proper Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back