i5-9500
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

A few years back i build 2 hackintosh, starting from Snow Leopard. My last successful build is in my signature, and is... 8 years old.
I now use "real" macs professionally, but i have the need to get a regular PC for a while. I bought this machine really cheap for the build and i'm trying my best to get it up and running with MacOS (Mojave or Catalina, doesn't matter).

I'm writing this thread because after nearly two weeks of searching, patching, installing and all, i just can't get to any installation screen.
I'm just lost right now and i can't figure out a way to get MacOS up and running.

I reviewed BIOS settings, tried Clover, Unibeast for Mojave & Catalina, tried so many kexts and all, the best i can do right now is getting stuck at line "apfs module starting".
I think it's where the graphics is loading, and i'm focusing on that, but no luck so far. I tried injectors, lilu+whatevergreen, differents IDs but it doesn't matter. Still stuck.

My specs is an HP ProDesk 400 G6 Micro (7EL74EA) with B360 Express chipset, i5-9500 with HD 630 graphics, an NVMe disk plugged with a Diplay Port cable delivered with a brand new Dell P2720DC monitor.

I'm putting my DSDT.aml exported on windows, and an "ok" EFI folder for starting point.

Any help with a choice of methodology, Kext or patching would be much much appreciated

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    121.1 KB · Views: 58
  • EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 82
Hi everyone,

A few years back i build 2 hackintosh, starting from Snow Leopard. My last successful build is in my signature, and is... 8 years old.
I now use "real" macs professionally, but i have the need to get a regular PC for a while. I bought this machine really cheap for the build and i'm trying my best to get it up and running with MacOS (Mojave or Catalina, doesn't matter).

I'm writing this thread because after nearly two weeks of searching, patching, installing and all, i just can't get to any installation screen.
I'm just lost right now and i can't figure out a way to get MacOS up and running.

I reviewed BIOS settings, tried Clover, Unibeast for Mojave & Catalina, tried so many kexts and all, the best i can do right now is getting stuck at line "apfs module starting".
I think it's where the graphics is loading, and i'm focusing on that, but no luck so far. I tried injectors, lilu+whatevergreen, differents IDs but it doesn't matter. Still stuck.

My specs is an HP ProDesk 400 G6 Micro (7EL74EA) with B360 Express chipset, i5-9500 with HD 630 graphics, an NVMe disk plugged with a Diplay Port cable delivered with a brand new Dell P2720DC monitor.

I'm putting my DSDT.aml exported on windows, and an "ok" EFI folder for starting point.

Any help with a choice of methodology, Kext or patching would be much much appreciated

Hi there.

I took a look at your configuration files and was confused. Trying to get to the installation screen and having a USBPorts.kext PLUS an SSDT command-line to enable/disable ports, suggests these files are not from a fresh installation. You can't configure USB ports until you have a booting system. Okay, you can but that takes fore-knowledge of the same components.

These look like a borrowed EFI folder and config.plist from elsewhere.

What to do:

1) Start again with a fresh UniBeast installer USB, so there are no add-ins.

2) Check whether your PC is UEFI or Legacy. If memory serves me the Z68XP was Legacy BIOS but Gigabyte introduced a UEFI upgrade right at the end of their run with it.

3) Select the correct type of install based on 2) above.

This should get the installer running. Any further problems do the same in "verbose" boot mode and upload a screengrab.

:)

Hi there.

I took a look at your configuration files and was confused. Trying to get to the installation screen and having a USBPorts.kext PLUS an SSDT command-line to enable/disable ports, suggests these files are not from a fresh installation. You can't configure USB ports until you have a booting system. Okay, you can but that takes fore-knowledge of the same components.

These look like a borrowed EFI folder and config.plist from elsewhere.

What to do:

1) Start again with a fresh UniBeast installer USB, so there are no add-ins.

2) Check whether your PC is UEFI or Legacy. If memory serves me the Z68XP was Legacy BIOS but Gigabyte introduced a UEFI upgrade right at the end of their run with it.

3) Select the correct type of install based on 2) above.

This should get the installer running. Any further problems do the same in "verbose" boot mode and upload a screengrab.

The OP said in his/her post :
My specs is an HP ProDesk 400 G6 Micro (7EL74EA) with B360 Express chipset, i5-9500 with HD 630 graphics, an NVMe disk plugged with a DisplayPort cable delivered with a brand new Dell P2720DC monitor.

It seems to me he/she is trying to install MacOS on another system different from the one in his/her hardware profile.

We should ask the OP to update his/her Signature, like we do, to reflect the fact that he/she has more than one system.

The OP said in his/her post :

It seems to me he/she is trying to install MacOS on another system different from the one in his/her hardware profile.

We should ask the OP to update his/her Signature, like we do, to reflect the fact that he/she has more than one system.

Well caught :thumbup:

I think my error only affects point 2), thankfully. Unless the "borrowed" EFI folder was from the Z68XP.

Hi again and thank you for your responses.

Indeed i borrowed some EFI folders during my researches online. I did that because, for a while, i would not be able ton install Mojave/Catalina Unibeast propoerly. Installation process would end with an error message. I checked the logs but didn't found much clues.
So i went back using clover and some kexts and config files i grabbed...

For two days now i can install unibeast, so i'm focusing on that.

Anyways, to anser yout questions :
- I'm a male ;)
- I'm using and UEFI mobo, so a UEFI boot method
- Using Unibeast i get stuck on afps module starting OR kernel failed to load (using -f also)
- Unibeast for Catalina is fine, but i get error with Unibeast Mojave (counldn't modify config.plist to disable Intel injection)

So after another clean Unibeast for Catalina install, adding just -v in the config.plist boot args, here is the screen i'm stuck with.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 13.17.26.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 13.17.26.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200814_133547.jpg
    20200814_133547.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 53
Hi again and thank you for your responses.

Indeed i borrowed some EFI folders during my researches online. I did that because, for a while, i would not be able ton install Mojave/Catalina Unibeast propoerly. Installation process would end with an error message. I checked the logs but didn't found much clues.
So i went back using clover and some kexts and config files i grabbed...

For two days now i can install unibeast, so i'm focusing on that.

Anyways, to anser yout questions :
- I'm a male ;)
- I'm using and UEFI mobo, so a UEFI boot method
- Using Unibeast i get stuck on afps module starting OR kernel failed to load (using -f also)
- Unibeast for Catalina is fine, but i get error with Unibeast Mojave (counldn't modify config.plist to disable Intel injection)

So after another clean Unibeast for Catalina install, adding just -v in the config.plist boot args, here is the screen i'm stuck with.

Okay, the way you modify your Clover settings for UniBeast is not to edit anything. At the Clover menu you move your cursor/highlight to the second row of smaller icons and choose "Options". Within that menu you can modify all of the settings without damaging your UniBeast installer defaults. :thumbup:

The verbose error you can see is fixed by adding an Embedded Controller patch to ACPI. Do a site search and download the necessary SSDT-EC.aml file.

You need to add this to your installer's EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Ok thanks, i put the SSDT file in the folder, booted and passed some other lines.
Now it get stuck at line Ethernet RealtekRTL8111.kext

Should i try to find another RealtekRTL8111.kext or is it an SSDT patched thing again ?

Attachments

• 20200814_143408.jpg
    20200814_143408.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 44
Ok thanks, i put the SSDT file in the folder, booted and passed some other lines.
Now it get stuck at line Ethernet RealtekRTL8111.kext

Should i try to find another RealtekRTL8111.kext or is it an SSDT patched thing again ?

No, your problem is not necessarily the LAN controller. Something else is causing the freeze.

Is this a fresh UniBeast installer USB and a newly formatted destination drive? Or is there an existing install somewhere?

Yep, fresh install from today, and the start of this thread.
Actually using the NVMe drive as windows main, and i plugged a SATA 500Go HDD to try the install. It's fresh FAT32 formatted.
Boot order is USB > SATA > NVMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back