i5-6500
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I updated to High Sierra two weeks ago and am facing a boot issue since then.

- If I start the machine after complete shut down, it hangs on the grey logo screen and I have to power it off with the on/off button
- After hanging at the grey logo screen 2 times, it successfully boots on the third try in 10 seconds to the login screen
- another behavior is that it doesn't wake up (monitor not getting sync signal) after being in hibernation for some hours
- After the third and successful boot the machine behaves completely normal imo

OSX: APFS with SSD 10.13.2
NVIDIA Web Driver: 378.10.10.25.102
Profile regarding hardware is up to date

I tried changing SMBIOS from iMac 14,2 to iMac 17,1 for better CPU management, but wasn't able to boot at all - so reverted.
Can some experienced user tell me which logs, configs and so on I can post so someone can check those?

Last edited:
I updated to High Sierra two weeks ago and am facing a boot issue since then.

- If I start the machine after complete shut down, it hangs on the grey logo screen and I have to power it off with the on/off button
- After hanging at the grey logo screen 2 times, it successfully boots on the third try in 10 seconds to the login screen
- another behavior is that it doesn't wake up (monitor not getting sync signal) after being in hibernation for some hours
- After the third and successful boot the machine behaves completely normal imo

OSX: APFS with SSD 10.13.2
NVIDIA Web Driver: 378.10.10.25.102
Profile regarding hardware is up to date

I tried changing SMBIOS from iMac 14,2 to iMac 17,1 for better CPU management, but wasn't able to boot at all - so reverted.
Can some experienced user tell me which logs, configs and so on I can post so someone can check those?

• Until you get a trouble free booting, use Verbose Boot (-v in Boot args) to get a text based boot screen, the only way to get any clues to boot problems which the Apple Logo will cover up if you don't boot in Verbose mode.
  • If you need help at this stage, take photos of any Verbose boot screens you think are not normal or any time the boot ends in a freeze or error message shows up.
    • Please include as much of screen as possible and as legible as you can while taking the photo.
    • Upload the screen shots to this Forum for help.
  • Since at this stage of booting it is the BIOS options and CLOVER contents that are responsible to make it trouble-free,
    • Please upload a compressed CLOVER as a file from the booting disk and
    • List the BIOS options, at the minimum the ones dealing with your Graphics in your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back