Contribute
Register

Need help Samsung CF791 tint/purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a fundamental question about this problem. I just bought a Cf791 on amazon. I need to know whether I should return it. When I plug it into my Mac Pro the CF791 profile has a purple and pink tint on blue colors for some reason. Nothing I do on the monitor settings will fix that. However SMPTE RP 431-2(?) and my old LG ultra wide color profile on Mac System preferences, when clicked, show blue correctly. Why is this? Is there something wrong with my monitor. This is the only monitor that has done this. I've tried different cables to no avail. Also, its dim, but sharp at the same time. When I try to lower the contrast it only makes it less bright. When I hit SMPTE RP 431 I get the correct brightness, but I can never get that brightness without it. When I use game mode within the monitor the screen is ultra bright, but I can't control the sharpness or contrast which is a limitation of the monitor. When I leave game mode to get the same brightness, I can't. SMPTE solves it, but shouldn't my monitor come pre installed with the correct color. I bought this because it was suppose to be really good, and I see the potential but I'm not sure if its broken or maybe I am missing something? I don't know much about monitors.

IMG_0176.jpgIMG_0177.jpg

@Bearfish there is something wrong with the colorprofile what monitor sends with edid.
Actually the same problem is with windows if installing the color profile from the included driver CD.
Just use srgb profile, that has accurate colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back