Contribute
Register

Need help! - MacOS High Sierra - Asus Z370, i7 8700, GTX 1060 6GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to do that. Would have been much easier/cleaner to install High Sierra directly. Oh well. I'm sure Clover or Unibeast or both will get fixed at some point.

I've downloaded the 10.13.1 version and Clover finds the "external" drive at the first boot (without using 2 USBs).
Then used an EFI folder for a Gaming 7 MB and install went flawless.

Now it's time for some tweaks, but I'm really happy to finally see High Sierra installed

Well that's good to know. I gave up yesterday and installed Sierra (with no trouble), then tried the direct update to High Sierra, only to get stuck on the Apple Logo after starting the installer and doing the first restart.

I successfully installed High Sierra! After installing Sierra, I went to the App Store to download the High Sierra, expecting it to be the 19MB pseudo installer. Lo and behold, it downloaded the full 5.2GB installer! I decided to try Unibeast again to make a USB installer with the full-sized installer app downloaded through the App Store and it showed up in Clover! And yes, it installed 10.13.2. (the rest is copied from my post on my own thread trying to figure out this issue).

Install went fine (well, except for the fact that I left all of my drives plugged in and every time it restarted I was out of the room so it booted into El Capitan. Then I had to restart and had to keep choosing something like "Boot from macOS on Install macOS" on an internal drive, and eventually that changed to "Boot from macOS on High Sierra" once the install completed). Now I'm having trouble getting High Sierra to boot from Clover on the EFI partition on the High Sierra internal drive. I suspect I'm missing a kext or something in the EFI partition. I assumed after running Multibeast I'd be able to boot without booting Clover from the USB, but that hasn't worked yet. That's a separate issue however.

For me at least, I can confirm that the Unibeast created USB installer using the full-sized Install High Sierra app downloaded through the App Store does work. So my previous assumptions were wrong apparently. The issue does not lie with Unibeast or Clover, but with using dosdude1's patcher utility to download the installer. I would suggest first installing Sierra, and then seeing if you can get the full installer from the App Store in Sierra. I never could get the full installer in El Capitan.

I've downloaded the 10.13.1 version and Clover finds the "external" drive at the first boot (without using 2 USBs).
Then used an EFI folder for a Gaming 7 MB and install went flawless.

Now it's time for some tweaks, but I'm really happy to finally see High Sierra installed

After several days of trying every possible tweak for my external usb drive to appear in the clover boot menu to install 10.13.2, I saw your post and tried with 10.13.1, as you, without any effort the usb drive appeared, and I could boot on it to proceed with installation! so 10.13.2 was the culprit!

Out of curiosity, and in the interest of nailing down exactly where this bug stems from, did you get either or both installers from the dosdude1 patcher utility?

Out of curiosity, and in the interest of nailing down exactly where this bug stems from, did you get either or both installers from the dosdude1 patcher utility?

Both from App Store.

Note that now I have a different issue, I can select and boot from the installer but the apple logo shows up and pc reboots... one step at a time!

[Edit: I read that this could be due to the RAM position on the board, I moved them from A2/B2 to A1/B1 and could complete the install and boot normally]

Last edited:
Could 10.13.2 be apple intentional - the first update to mess with Hackintosh.

I wondered that myself, but the fact that I had zero issues once I got the 10.13.2 full installer directly from the app store makes me think not. Blu3Box, though, further complicates things since he got the 10.13.2 installer from the app store too. Unless the latest update to fix the Meltdown issue has broken the full installer for us once more, forcing us back to using the 10.13.1 version.

I've completed the install of 10.13.1 without a hitch, played around, I don't have stuff like sound and other small things but I didn't configure anything yet, I tried to update to 10.13.2 but in the middle of the install it failed... but I don't have much time to play with it, I'll redo a proper install+multibeast later.

Hi guys,

Just letting you know I have a Z370 Prime P and I've achieved success with the setup (I've gotten graphics, USB 3.0, NVMe to work and sound). Let me know if you need any help.

z370primep-macos-b.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back